Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mittens

radman46

New in Town
I need some mittens..not gloves..mittens. Anyone have any input? I walk my dogs in the cold, 0 to 25 degrees and gloves just are not doing the trick anymore. About the only thing that really gets cold on my body is my hands. Thanks for any help.

Nyah

One of the Regulars
I agree with StandBy that lobster mitts are great for cycling. What I use most though, for general Winter use, are fingerless gloves that convert into mittens. Some people refer to them as "glittens".

Interbak

One of the Regulars
I have the "glttens" as you call them, pretty good, but not "dog walking in the middle of Canadian winter" warm. I wear leather, fleece lined mitts, similar to what Dinerman linked to, from a small leather shop in Ontario, Baiton's Old Mill. They don't have a website (the other Old Mill in Blyth does, the same town, same family, split off because of family feud, long story...) Here's their info https://shoplocalnow.ca/facebook/ad/64288/canadian-made-leather-products-at-bainton-s-old-mill

I think they were $20-25.

B

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I have a pair of selbuvotter which my grannie-in-law knitted me and I love them. Used them all the time over winter in Norway and they'll be brought out again next month when we move back there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy