Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Monsters: A Celebration of the Classics from Universal Studios

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
I remember back in the 1970's Channel 2 in Oakland, CA used to show monster movies at 11 p.m. on Saturday nights. I think it was called; "Chiller Thriller" or "Chiller Diller".

Feraud

Bartender
Lincsong said:
I remember back in the 1970's Channel 2 in Oakland, CA used to show monster movies at 11 p.m. on Saturday nights. I think it was called; "Chiller Thriller" or "Chiller Diller".
Was it Chiller Theater? Did the into include a hand coming out of a grave "eating" the words CHILLER?

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
Was it Chiller Theater? Did the into include a hand coming out of a grave "eating" the words CHILLER?

That could have been it.:D I remember, if my parents went out on Saturday nights, my brothers and sisters would tell me that they would lock me in the family room and make me watch it if I didn't behave.:D

Feraud

Bartender
Chiller Theater was on in the afternoons in New York when I was a kid. My younger brother was deathly afraid of the intro. I used to trick him into watching it whenever it was on and he would run crying from the room. What are big brothers for? :D

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
Chiller Theater was on in the afternoons in New York when I was a kid. My younger brother was deathly afraid of the intro. I used to trick him into watching it whenever it was on and he would run crying from the room. What are big brothers for? :D

We would order pizza around 9 p.m. then at 10 they'd tell me to go to sleep, and I would refuse. So when 11 came around they'd turn the channel, leave me in the family room alone and stand behind the door between the dining room and hold it so I couldn't get out.lol

Feraud

Bartender
Lincsong said:
We would order pizza around 9 p.m. then at 10 they'd tell me to go to sleep, and I would refuse. So when 11 came around they'd turn the channel, leave me in the family room alone and stand behind the door between the dining room and hold it so I couldn't get out.lol
Serves ya right for not listening the first time! ;)

DancingSweetie

A-List Customer
Lincsong said:

What about Bob Wilkins' Creature Feature? I know he was in Oakland as well as here in Sacramento back in the 70's and early 80's.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
DancingSweetie said:
What about Bob Wilkins' Creature Feature? I know he was in Oakland as well as here in Sacramento back in the 70's and early 80's.
Yes, KTVU Ch.2 in San Francisco aired Creature Features with Bob Wilkins-who looked so anachronistic in the 70s with his horn rim glasses and ever present cigar-every Fri and Sat at about 11pm. Watching it is one of my fondest memories from childhood. I've since met Wilkins several times and he is a true gentleman. Now back to the topic! That book looks terrific...Universal made some of the best horror films. Hopefully they will be generous with the illustrations.

Doh!

One Too Many
Hmm... something tells me I might like this book...

WolfMan72.jpg

(Me, Halloween 2004)

funneman

Practically Family
Tony in Tarzana said:
Did you see the interview with Vampira on the "Plan 9 From Outer Space" DVD? First time I've ever seen a woman with a combover.

Hahaha. My daughter bought me that DVD. The interview with Vampira is really hard to watch.

I too grew up glued to the TV screen watching the local weather guy, in bad make-up hosting "Invaders from Mars" "The Day the Earth Stood Still" "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" and a host of others.

Who would have known that some twenty-five years later I'd end up hosting my own "Shock Theatre" on the local cable outlet in Norfolk, Virginia!

Funny how some things come full circle.

Doh!

One Too Many
funneman said:
Who would have known that some twenty-five years later I'd end up hosting my own "Shock Theatre" on the local cable outlet in Norfolk, Virginia!

Did you/do you dress in character? Photos, please!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany