Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Montecristi panama 3 inch upturn brim size 7 1/8 and 1 inch ribbon $75

singlechange

One of the Regulars
For sale is a preowned Montecristi panama hat in good condition. Size is 7 1/8. No size label.
Hat opening is 7 1/2 inches length and 6 7/8 inches width.
Brim is 3 inches width plus 3/8 inch upturn.
Crown at front 3 3/4 inches, at middle 4 inches, at back 3 7/8 inches.
Ribbon is one inch wide.
W.P.S.I. Crown is approximately 350.
W.P.S.I. Brim is approximately 120.
From my own personal collection. I believe this was made up from a hat blank I acquired and the work was done by my friend master hatter Mr. Vincent Corvelli in the Washington, D.C. metro area about two years ago. I was curious about trying a wide brim upturn panama and undertook the project. Full disclosure: there are two small flaws on the brim of the hat and one is on the brim edge at the back where the weave has become loose and one is on the side of the brim where again the weave is slightly separated. See the two closeup photographs. The best color renditions are the last seven photographs showing light color straw. There are no stains or marks on the straw. No stains, cracks, creases on the leather sweat band. Asking $75.00 plus $12.95 shipping within continental U.S.A. Photographs upcoming. DSCN2981.JPG DSCN2972.JPG DSCN2977.JPG DSCN2978.JPG DSCN2973.JPG DSCN2974.JPG DSCN2975.JPG DSCN2979.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails