Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Montecristi Panama Hats We ordered are on the way.

Canadave

One Too Many
Panamabob said:
...Also, one of our lovely members has put a chargeback against his credit card payment...

Unbelievable! If they had taken the time, they'd know how fair you are. You made me an offer that was TOO generous* due to your extreme sense of perfectionism and fair play.

Good luck Robert,

David

*see post #15 above.

gandydancer

Familiar Face
Panamabob said:
Sorry JP,

Also, one of our lovely members has put a chargeback against his credit card payment, not only causing consternation, but truly showing me what impatience and imprudence can do to a man...and, oh yeah, costing us about $20.00 in bank fees. A hearty thank you to you, and you know who you are.

I am sorry to hear that, Bob, but in the end that guy is the loser because he missed out on a really nice hat at a bargain price. I am 100% satisfied with mine, and wear it a lot.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Thanks jerk!!

gandydancer said:
I am sorry to hear that, Bob, but in the end that guy is the loser because he missed out on a really nice hat at a bargain price. I am 100% satisfied with mine, and wear it a lot.

It was my idea for Robert Weber to do this for us here at The Fedora Lounge. He only made $3.00 a hat. This charge backs cost him all his profit. I would like to thank this" Asshole" he probably has ruined it for the rest of us. Thanks you Jerk!!

JeffW

Familiar Face
I am more than happy with mine. I will have to have it re-blocked, but I anticipated that. Now if I can only find someone that does quality work.

gandydancer

Familiar Face
Hum..?

Thanks for using my post as a quote with that, Roger.

Bob, 2 things.
1. If you will post the info (size, style, price) on that unclaimed hat, maybe one of us will buy it.
2. Can I send you $5 to help defray that charge back. It would still be cheaper than buying the hat from you off of ebay would have been. I am assuming Roger is correct and you really did cut your margines that closely to give us a deal.

SHARPETOYS said:
It was my idea for Robert Weber to do this for us here at The Fedora Lounge. He only made $3.00 a hat. This charge backs cost him all his profit. I would like to thank this" Asshole" he probably has ruined it for the rest of us. Thanks you Jerk!!

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
I'm going to think about sending the hat tomorrow or Tuesday. I only need to prove with tracking and I have plenty of time to do that.

If I don't, I really can't post the size, as the powers that be deem it inappropriate for me to do so.

Roger is about dead on. Don't worry about the $5.00...I appreciate the gesture.

Gee, I am sorry to hear about what happened. If you happen to find a 7 5/8 out there that needs a good home, let me know. I sure want to help you out with this. My way would just be to order a hat that I hadn't planned on ordering yet. Let me know if it is feasible. :cheers1:

Regards to all,

J

gcollins

One of the Regulars
Panamabob said:
Sorry JP,

The powers that be have stated that I shan't post any more classifieds.

Also, one of our lovely members has put a chargeback against his credit card payment, not only causing consternation, but truly showing me what impatience and imprudence can do to a man...and, oh yeah, costing us about $20.00 in bank fees. A hearty thank you to you, and you know who you are.

Don't blame customers and make them feel guilty for making decisons. Just roll with it. It's better for business and your reputation.

gcollins

One of the Regulars
Hi bob, I'm not around much anymore due to work and dont have time to play games on the internet--sorry about that. But I just wanted to give you some friendly advice. I'm waiting though on a primo hat woven by Simon Espinel to wear in the new Jag. I'll share pics with you when I get them.

Hope you are well.

Regards,
G

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
I hope Espinal gets his $400.00 for weaving it. $400.00 for 3-4 months work...not terribly good. I wonder what the markup was. Since Espinal signed a "contract" with someone in Hawaii, his hats will be very expensive to buy. When you create and manipulate scarcity in the market you claim to be a savior in, you are doing an evil deed indeed.

gcollins

One of the Regulars
Exactly!

Right on, Bob. I agree with you. I was concerned about that too. I spent months doing research on how money flows back (or doesn't, in many cases) to the weavers. Terrible! You know this well, of course.

So I am buying the hat directly from another source, where I will have legal and certified proof of the profits going back to Simon, the $400 or whatever for the labor, plus a large chunk of the sales profit goes directly to him--being the best weaver alive deserves the compensation of a great artist. I will confirm the funds received by Simon himself. And the remainder directly to a medical plan for the other weavers of Montecristi. What a great mission to contribute to! The blocker in the US gets paid only for the labor on the blocking and detailing, which of course is top-notch. But in this way, I can contribute funds to keep the best weavers weaving and keeps them off of the tuna boats and help take care of medical needs for the weaving community. And of course, I'll end up with the finest hat signed by Simon Espinal himself. What could be better?

I am delighted to contribute like this to the weavers, and I hope you will be excited too. The new world of the Montecristi hat business that puts the profits in the hands of the weavers.

Regards,
G

Edited for spelling.

gcollins

One of the Regulars
Oh, I forgot to mention. Look for the photos and article on Simon Espinal in an upcoming copy of National Geographic. That will be cool.

Retro Grouch

One of the Regulars
This is sad to hear, Bob. Anyone who deals with custom merchandise knows there is rarely a set date for delivery.

I can understand why the Powers That Be would not want someone doing business on their website but this was a unique deal that was a benefit to all who participated. Then again, it's not my house or my rules.

If you do anymore group buys in the future, Bob, you have my email addy. I would be interested.

Thanks,
Tom

android

One of the Regulars
SHARPETOYS said:
Thats a very good questions!! Maybe Mattdeckerd could answer that one for all of us ??

Sharpey

I don't think you're supposed to use it to sell multiple items...
No wait, there's this one that lists multiple items:

Three Shirts

and this one:

Two '50's Suits, Blue and Black

Aww heck, I think the rule is you're only allowed to use the classified section if you're not Panama Bob.

gcollins

One of the Regulars
So did this mystery get solved or what? PanamaBob can't be banned for selling fine hats like Canadave's to the hat culterati here on FL, can he?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR