Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Montreal vintage shops

tonypaj

Practically Family
I'll be in Montreal (as in Canada) over the New Year. Do not ask me why.... Any good places to find leather jackets and stuff? I'll bring enough warm things (I'm used to cold and snow, even colder and snowier than you can get in Montreal), but would not mind an old long half belt that can fit a jeans jacket underneath.

Any suggestions would be great. Also, please move this post if it should be somewhere else.

pipvh

Practically Family
There are a few up St Denis, roughly between Roy and Duluth (the Bistro L'Express is up there as well, and it's excellent). Those are the only ones I know but I suspect I've only scratched the surface.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There are a couple of leather and fur shops up in the Old Town. When I was there a few years back, in very early spring, they were having a sale that really stuck in my memory: there was a black elkhide Barnstormer-type coat, fur-lined, on sale for about $400.00. I begged, cajoled, and whined to my wife, but all she'd say was, "You live in Miami." Sob.

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
Go down to any Street corner until you see the guy or girl wearing any vintage clothes that appeal to you, and ask them where they got them.

Thats how Its done.

tonypaj

Practically Family
That makes sense, funnily enough my American wife dislikes that approach. I'm Nordic, and all for asking strangers questions, though we do not do that stuff much back home. I'll be staying in the Old Town, so I guess there are street corners :) Thanks for the suggestions...

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The shop I visited was, I believe, at the western end of rue Saint Paul in the Old Town. Lots of furs and leathers. Also, just down the street was a Polish restaurant that offered a wild boar sausage dinner that was very good, and there was another place that specialized in foie gras. Heaven.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot