Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moonbeam 1950's Repro Clocks – Check your Big Lots!

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
goldwyn girl said:
I was in Tuesday Morning (don't ask):) I'm sure thats what it's called and they had all the clocks Big Lot's had at around $13

Beautiful! There's no Big Lots nearby, by I have a Tuesday Morning right down the street. Will have to go there this weekend. Thanks for the tip, G.G. :eusa_clap

nico demouse

Familiar Face
Has anyone found a Moonbeam at Big Lots or Tuesday Morning recently? I asked hubby for one for Christmas but he is concerned because the review on Amazon and L.L Bean are so mixed. If the price point was lower, I think I'd have a better chance of convincing him!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
nico demouse said:
Has anyone found a Moonbeam at Big Lots or Tuesday Morning recently? I asked hubby for one for Christmas but he is concerned because the review on Amazon and L.L Bean are so mixed. If the price point was lower, I think I'd have a better chance of convincing him!

Really? I've been quite happy with mine. The only thing I don't like is that it's hard to set the alarm time accurately.

Have you checked Ebay lately?

nico demouse

Familiar Face
KittyT said:
Really? I've been quite happy with mine. The only thing I don't like is that it's hard to set the alarm time accurately.

Have you checked Ebay lately?

The reviews I read (on Amazon) seem to be evenly split between people who are really happy with it and people who are not at all happy with it. I am inclined to get it anyway and hope I am one of the ones who is thrilled.

Vintage ones on eBay seem to be running at about the same price as L.L. Bean.

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
If you get the 1930s style clock radio, be sure to test the alarm immediately. If you read back in this thread you will see that several people had trouble with them, myself included. We had to return one, but the second one works like a charm and we've had no trouble with it. And I love my Moonbeam and have had no trouble with it.

arthur

Suspended
We've had a Moonbeam for several months with no problem and I really like the flashing light as opposed to waking to a shrill alarm.What was neat was when I was reading a 1951 Life magazine and saw an advertisement for the original.
sunbeam.jpg

nico demouse

Familiar Face
What a great ad!

I did head to the Tuesday Morning near me as several people mentioned they had found clocks there. Alas, there were none to be found. There is a Big Lots a town or two over from me, so I will probably try to check them out this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy