Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

More 1930's - early 1940's Ties - All Sold!

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
Yes, I have entirely too many ties - I may start posting some of the 2000-odd Late 1940's wild & crazy ones if I detect any interest ( I have been collecting vintage clothing for over 30 years, so I have too much stuff). Here are a couple more sets of the shorter, late 30's ties - you know the drill - $10 ea in USA - add $3 per order for shipping overseas:

Group A:
1) Red with swooshes in blue, silver and gold - brocade texture alternates from smooth to ridges to wavy. No lining or label.
2) Simple yet incredibly elegant & striking pattern of brown and gold diamonds - solid brown ones have a very subtle ridged weave, the gold striped ones appear more pronounced and the others have a gold microdot. Labeled "All Silk" - no lining.
3) Dark blue with lovely brocade of lighter blue and red flowers and silver vines and curlicues. Labeled "Towncraft Deluxe Loomed in USA" - no lining.

Group B:
1) Very nice stripe in a deep, burgundy red with a white or silver microdot pattern in the red base, and alternating blue stripes, each containing a thinner stripe in yellow alternating with bright red. Labeled "Rayon L. Mayers & Son Baltimore" no lining.
2) This one may be later 40's - very wide - alternating stripes in maroon, bright red and very thin white, with alternating bands of red/white/black in "watered" effect. No label - white silk or rayon satin lining that is yellowing with age.
3) Great repp stripe in a rusty red alternating with an almost brownish red "mahogany" and a thin ivory stripe. This tie appears nearly new. Labeled "Charted Cravat" with a small chart on the label that states the suits and shirts that tie is "correct" with! No lining.

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy