Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most comfortable hat I have

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
The wicked comfy chair among my hats - these are ones where I keep checking if they're actually on my noggin. The others are just plain comfy. lol

Montecristi Panama 800 wpsi blocked by Art:

P1050540.jpg

Montecristi Panama 600 wpsi blocked by Art:

P1050099post.jpg

VS Silvermist LITE:

P1050609.jpg

Borsalino Natalsca Bismuto, unreeded sweat (1940/50s):

P1050416.jpg

Mallory heather blue, unreeded sweat (1930s):

P1040979.jpg

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Hey Rabbit-- do you think there's something different in the comfort of heathered felt from regular felt? My heather green Borso would be a pretty close second for barely knowing it's there.
005copyjx.jpg

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Hey Rabbit-- do you think there's something different in the comfort of heathered felt from regular felt? My heather green Borso would be a pretty close second for barely knowing it's there.
005copyjx.jpg

I wouldn't know if there's anything inherently different about it.
From my limited experience, the factors that can make a hat wear like it's barely there, are (apart from just plain fit, obviously) thin felt, least possible stiffener, and sweatband construction. My three unreeded Borsos from the 1940/50s are extremely easily conforming sweatbands, but so are some of the reeded sweats. For straws, a high count Monti with barely any stiffener feels like air.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I have some vintage fedoras, three Feds, 2 IVs, and a III, and some others. The most comfortable is definitely my very soft, well worn III. I got it very well used and just did a reversal on it, as a hole was forming at the top of the pinch. I was very happy when I put the whole thing back together and it was a comfortable as before I took it apart.

Post-reversal:

0226120950.jpg

Pre-reversal:

0520001702a.jpg

tealseal

A-List Customer
Mine is, without question, the Custom I'm saving up for :cool: However, in the current collection, I'd say it's a toss-up between my Cervo and my Federation.
img0478gc.th.jpg
imageett.th.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran