Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movie Prop Posters

jerseygary

New in Town
Besides being a regular old graphic designer and illustrator, I also do many props for movies and television shows. My expertise is replicating the style of vintage graphics from the 1860's through the 1970's. Posters are my most requested pieces and they have appeared in all kinds of movies some good and some bad, but it is always a surprise when I spy one in the background of something I am watching. I often use the names of friends from all over the country so it is a neat treat when I get a call from someone on the other side of the country and they say "I was just watching "Date Night" and all of a sudden there is my name blown up huge on the big screen!". I got a little giddy when I found out Mad Men used some of my posters, but I haven't seen them yet in any episode, but then again I wasn't really searching for them. Anyway, it is a fun job and I thought some of the loungers might get a kick out of seeing some of the posters I did...

029.jpg

016.jpg

030.jpg

014.jpg

019.jpg

Talbot

One Too Many
Brilliant stuff. Thanks for sharing, I like the look of these a lot.

I can see a side business putting peoples names in them for a fee - Hmmmm.

jerseygary

New in Town
Thanks everyone! Talbot: yes I have done custom posters for people, putting their names into my posters, the package tour show poster and boxing posters are the most popular for that...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou