Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Misanthropy's Evening Out

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
Mr_Misanthropy said:
OK, I give up, Doc. Is that from a movie or book or other piece of media that I really should know? Or are you just saying you'll have to start calling me that? Haha, boy do I feel dumb.

[huh]

From the folk wisdom:

Never eat at a place called "Mom's"
Never play poker with a man named "Doc" ;)
Never play pool with a man named "Slim"
Scared money never wins
Never order the 'Tasty Cheddar Sandwich' when you're about to go on stage for a one-night stand guest spot in Buxton.

(OK, that last one's mine, but I learned it the hard way!)

Here's a famous Slim as an example.

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
Baron Kurtz said:
btw ... that suit will look even sharper with only the middle jacket button done up.

bk

You know Baron, it's funny you bring that up. I'm weird about my jacket/waistcoat buttons, I always have the have them all buttoned. Unless i'm sitting, then I'll unbutton the bottom jacket button. I guess i'm just a perfectionist, or maybe it's an OCD thing, i'm not sure. I'm always fidgeting with my cuffs and tie knot, so being obsessive about buttons is nothing too off for me.

And Doc, thanks for the advice! I'll remember that and pass it along to my future generations. Gracias.

-Jeremiah

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic