Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mrs Henderson Presents

swinggal

One Too Many
If you want great make-up, costuming and a true story you HAVE to go and see this film. The costumes are awesome and I was drooling over the hair styles. Perfect!!

Set in pre-war UK and then into WW2. It's the story of the Windmill Theatre in Soho London. Stars Judy Dench and is visually spectacular andvery witty. It's on at a lot of the independent cinemas here. Heres the synopsis and the website:

Mrs. Laura Henderson may be a widow, but she is by no means going to spend the rest her days playing bridge. The Windmill Theatre becomes her game, and the infamous showman Vivian Van Dam becomes her partner. Even while the Germans are bombing London, the roar of the Windmill is all that can be heard as Laura obtains permission for her actresses to be the one thing no one could ever imagine: nude. Soon a nation brought to its knees by war is instead brought to its feet ?¢‚Ǩ‚Äú in applause.

http://www.mrshendersonpresentsmovie.com

mrshenderson2.jpg

mrshenderson3.jpg

mrshenderson10.jpg

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I agree! I saw this film at a pre-release screening last month. It's a delight, and the period detail is much better than your average set-in-the-30s/40s film. Very charming in every way!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
WOW! Just amazing. I need to see this movie! That's pretty dead on in every aspect.

The girl on the right in the picture with the old woman looks almost identical to a young Vivian Leigh.

swinggal

One Too Many
Yes, it's a wonderful film. What also makes it great is that it begins in the late 30s and runs through to the 40s and you can see the clothing and hairstyles of the girls gradually changing. And they are all 'real women' too when you see them nude. Not beanstalks like todays models.

Go see it...you will love it.

16_sparrows

Vendor
Oh, thanks for posting this and the images! I heard about the movie but I was unsure of what the plot was, but now that I know, I am definitely going to see it. Thanks!

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
i saw this today.
the plot twists are predictable and bob hoskins is as wooden as ever, but this is definately worth seeing for the clothing. some great men's knitwear on show. (i'm a big fan of the war-time tank top look) and the girls all look gorgeous.
(i always wonder about the normally dressed females in the audience watching something like this... how can they NOT be inspired to go and change their entire look ? )

there's also a great shot of piccadilly circus as it might have looked...i.e. drab facades, a few illuminated signs, not much traffic. i don't know how they did it technically. (a set ? CGI ?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari