Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mrs Henderson presents...

Paul Maurice

New in Town
Talking about wonderful atmosphere, I've just bought on my last trip to England "Mrs Henderson presents". A very good film located in London at the begining of WWII. Costumes are really just perfect... Do you know the Windmill Theatre near Picadilly ? No ? Just watch this movie and enjoy the revue:eusa_clap !!!!

photo_03.jpg

mgirls.jpg

mfan.jpg

wallpaper_800x600.jpg

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I *love love loved* this movie! At the theatre where I work, we held it over for two weeks, and probably could have gotten another week out of it, given that people were coming back to see it for the third or fourth time.

I saw it six times myself (I'm not obsessive, I'm just a projectionist!), and then went out and bought the DVD as soon as it hit the stores. Showed it to my 67-year-old ma, and she loved it too!

Paul Maurice

New in Town
Talking about good taste....

A woman of good taste Lizzie, that's what you are my Dear....:eusa_clap
Honestly, this movie is so great, costumes, tunes, sets, actors...And the story.
Imagine I bought it last Saturday and seen it may ten times since... I think that is the British touch in it that make it so special (the special features on this DVD explain all). Since I've search a lot on the web about this story, and I found some very intresting sites with original pictures from the revues, here are some if you want :

arthurlloyd.co.uk/Archive/Feb2003/EveNews/EvenNews2.htm

williamyoung.biz/mrshenderson/mhp_memories.htm

And so much more..., I don't think I'm breaking any rules here giving you some links, if it's the case I'm sorry, are we talking vintage here or not ? ;)

Anyway enjoy that bit of History

Take care Lizzie
Paul Maurice

Nick Charles

Practically Family
I 'm about half way through. Just loved the begining. When Judi is talking with Christopher Guest and he can say what he wants with out code and Judi bluntly says p@$$y it was hillarious. His face almost fell off. Hope the end is as good.lol lol :eusa_clap

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I LOVED THIS MOVIE!

Seriously, I barely ever buy new DVDs (I get em previously viewed) but I splurged and bought this as soon as I saw it out. I am a HUGE fan of Judi Dench, and the costumes were the most accurate I have seen in a long time. It was very well done and very funny!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael