Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My beginning collection

Wayfarer

New in Town
I am a newer member and have been picking up a few hats.

I have been buying some different things to get a feel for what i like and dont like.

Some i have just started working on as far as cleaning and deciding on a bash so consider them works in progress.

Please feel free to advise/critique at your will. And i dont have a clue about dates so if you do please say.

And as you will see i am partial to gray.

First up a Schoble
Schoblewear.jpg

2. Dunlap
Gray_Dunlap_front.jpg

3. Borsalino San Remo

Gray_Borsalino_SanRemo.jpg

4. Brown Borsalino
Brown_Borsalino_front.jpg

Brown_Borsalino_liner2.jpg

5. Gray Borsalino
gray_borsalino_liner.jpg

gray_Borsalino_wear.jpg

6. Black Borsalino
Blk_borsalino_front.jpg

Blk_borsalino_liner.jpg

7. Open Road
OpenRoadwear.jpg

I also have a Black Royal Stetson stingy brim and a dark brown Knox stingy brim and a gray Cavanagh

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That is quite a beginning:eusa_clap Very nice Borsalinos. How do you like you Trionfo?

Snrbfshn

A-List Customer
Mighty fine hats, and welcome...

One in particular caught my eye -- the Dunlap. I glad to see another one. They don't seem to turn up very often (same can be said of the Schoble). I have a Dunlap Superior and it's absolutely one of my favorite hats with a perferred spot in the rotation:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/jtban1/album/576460762329105122

I'd love to see shots of your Dunlap's liner and sweat, even the reorder label if the sweat is supple enough.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Welcome to the Lounge

I like you hat collection, be warned: it is a sickness. Treatment is available;)

With the structure of your face and shoulders...I think you may want to look for a hat with a wider brim. It just depends on if you want the 40's or 60's look. The "balance" is to not have a too wide brim on a narrow skinny face, and opposite, a too narrow and short crown on a muscular big guy.

The last picture shows you in a hat which seems better "balanced" to your shape, than the "stingy brim" in the first picture. Still, all nice hats.

You will learn quickly which "look" fits you, and gives you the feel you want.

Welcome aboard!

epic610

One of the Regulars
open road

that's one of the nicer open road conversions i have seen. some more pictures if you got them. nice to see the borsalino san remo; was thinking of getting one but was uncertain of how it would look. any chance you can add a photo of you wearing it?

thx.

Wayfarer

New in Town
The Open Road came from Mojave Jack and i believed he had restyled by Art.
I like it too now tht i have it. Honestly, I would probably have had the front pinched too much but i really like the looks.
I will try to get a pic of me and the San Remo. I just hate to ruin the good looks of a hat:)

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wonderful beginning! You are to be commended for your good taste.

I agree with AndyKev - you really look best in hats with a wider brim, Gray Borsalino and the last one. You might want to try a black hat too, it would show off your beard well. Wear them all in good health.

Vintage Betty

Wayfarer

New in Town
Douglas

I really like the Trionfo. I am trying to figure out exactly how i want to shape it. Being new at this I am kind of leary of doing something i will regret later.

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Wayfarer said:
The Open Road came from Mojave Jack and i believed he had restyled by Art.
I like it too now tht i have it. Honestly, I would probably have had the front pinched too much but i really like the looks.
I will try to get a pic of me and the San Remo. I just hate to ruin the good looks of a hat:)
It looks a lot better on you than it did on me! It just didn't fit my face or my square head, or something, so I'm glad it's found a home where it will be worn.

It was reblocked by Art, and was one of the last he did before he stopped doing hats other than his own, so I got it in just in time. Glad you like it, Wayfarer!

Chanfan

A-List Customer
Dang, nice collection! I may have (for the moment) more posts than you, even though I'm still new, but you have the much better position - about 10x more hats than me! :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran