Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Best Fedora, GOODBYE

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

After months of watching and waiting for the eBay market to improve, I'm ready to sell off most of my best vintage fedoras, newsboy caps, suits, ties and shoes.

Below is the best fedora I've ever had, period. It's a snow white, 1930s featherweight felt hat by Vinemet, then Belgium's greatest hatmaker -- at a time when Belgium produced the finest felt on Earth. It's dead stock -- never worn, not even by me. I just have to share it with the Lounge before it goes away.

Instead of putting it on eBay, I'm working on trading this fedora for another. An anonymous Lounger has shown interest; he has a hat that I covet greatly. Let's hope it works out.

Vinemetfedora007.jpg

Vinemetfedora010.jpg

Vinemetfedora008.jpg

Vinemetfedora012.jpg

Vinemetfedora011.jpg

Vinemetfedora009.jpg

Vinemetfedora001.jpg

Vinemetfedora002.jpg

Vinemetfedora005.jpg

Vinemetfedora004.jpg

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Marc, you've got some great stuff. Thanks for sharing! :eusa_clap

Spats McGee

One Too Many
I'm not usually one for white hats, but this one's a beauty!

Marc, I also have to say that you showed incredible restraint:
Marc Chevalier said:
. . . . It's dead stock -- never worn, not even by me. . . . .
If I buy something that I like, I just don't seem to have it in me to put it away and never use it. I'm glad that there are people around who can do this and preserve these sorts of historical artifacts, but I'll never be one of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic