Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My book: ONE OF THE FEW

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
As some of you might know, I have been researching the life of one particular RAF pilot from WWII: Albert Gerald Lewis - known as Zulu.
Finally I had so much information from his family, from many differet books and combat reports. I also had a large collection of pictures on my Mac, so what to do?
I tried for the first time to do a iPhoto album - with as much stuff as possible. And here it is. My new book on a very special man and a hero.
The good thing is I have it.
The backside is there is only one copy. Mine!
(At the moment)

I can only recommend iPhoto's albums - it's fun to do, their service is fantastic - from the day I finished editing till the book arrived with currier at my doorstep went only five days. Amazing!
Enjoy!

B-24J

One of the Regulars
Well done Soren!

If you decide to make more copies count me in. If you do not have a PayPal account I can always FedEx Euros.

Friends of mine have done these iPhoto albums for weddings and other special occasions. However, their books do not look as professional.

John

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
As I said over at VLJ Søren, it looks amazing and a wonderful tribute to Zulu!

:eusa_clap

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Really well done, looks very professional. Definitely consider seling them

I'm a very lucky owner of Søren's book and it is excellent. It contains a lot of photos from Zulu's family and which I have never seen published before (and I've got a library of over 100 books on the BoB).

It's a really wonderful tribute to one of the most fearless pilots during the Battle.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
To night I am doing my first - and maybe last - lecture on The Battle of Britain in general and on Albert G. Lewis in particular.
I have been asked several times to do this - and to night is the night.
The audience for this premier is a motorcycle club in Copenhagen. Strange to some - but they all ride old british motorcycles, wear aviators goggles on their helmets and one is even riding in an old Irvin. After one of them saw my book, there was no turning back.
The bar is open after my lecture. I am sure I need a pint by then.
Wish me luck! :eusa_doh:

Last edited:

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
To night I am doing my first - and maybe last - lecture on The Battle of Britain in general and on Albert G. Lewis in particular.
I have been asked several times to do this - and to night is the night.
The audience for this premier is a motorcycle club in Copenhagen. Strange to some - but they all ride old british motorcycles, wear aviators goggles on their helmets and one is even riding in an old Irvin. After one of them saw my book, there was no turning back.
The bar is open after my lecture. I am sure I need a pint by then.
Wish me luck! :eusa_doh:

Lykke til gamle ørn ;)

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Made it - and learned a lot too. Next time it will be shorter, more precise and also a lot more freestyle. Had to stick to a manuscript, just in order not to ramble along. But the audience was exited anyway and I got a standing applause after all. For what that is worth.
The best thing is to get all my research in use - finally! And feel that the story of a very special person moves other people than me.
Thanks for your good wishes and support guys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner