Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Camera Collection

Curt Dawson

Familiar Face
Ansco

I have a small collection of Ansco's and still my 1937 shur-shot.For me it is a link as I am from "The Valley of Oppurtunity"Vestal class of 77.My dad worked for IBM in Owego,NY.I grew up during the final days of the areas golden era.
One thing I have learned with those old box cameras is if you shoot in daylight use slow film as that was what they were designed for.I like ilford asa50.

alphy27

One of the Regulars
Vintage cameras! Just another modest personal collection.

Good to see other vintage camera fans. This is my collection so far.
phone%20and%20camera.jpg

vintage%20Kodaks.jpg

vintage%20Polaroids.jpg

vintage%20cameras.jpg

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
dhermann1 said:
Back, showing how you put in the film:
Voigtlanderbackclose.jpg

BTW, if anyone can tell me where I could find 120 film for this camera in the New York area, I'll be very grateful.

There are plenty of camera stores in NYC. Perhaps the biggest used by most professionals is B&H on 33rd &9th.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/HelpCenter/NYSuperStore.jsp

They should also be able to recommend places to develop the film.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
My brother gave me this One Nine a couple weeks ago. Lens needs cleaning, but it works just fine.

DSC_0633copy.jpg

Wind it up and push down the lever on the front corner to make a movie. Push it up for stop-motion. I like the simplicity of the exposure dial. Focus is fixed.

It came in a light brown leather case, which is also in good condition - just a bit of wear on the shoulder strap.

Lee

Starius

Practically Family
Been away for awhile, nice to see more cameras from other's collections!

Alphy27, you have quite a nice collection. In fact, your Henry Dreyfuss designed poloroid sx-70 made me go "Oooh!" (Yeah, I'm strange, I just like things that he designed.)

alphy27

One of the Regulars
Oh yeah!

Starius said:
Been away for awhile, nice to see more cameras from other's collections!

Alphy27, you have quite a nice collection. In fact, your Henry Dreyfuss designed poloroid sx-70 made me go "Oooh!" (Yeah, I'm strange, I just like things that he designed.)

Thanks. I love that camera! Dreyfuss definitely had style. The SX70 is probably the grooviest camera design ever. Sleek and smooth look. My dad used it back in the 70's in his welding and fabricating business to do shots of big on-site jobs when he needed to work up estimates. He passed it to me when he got a newer model Polaroid in the 80's.

alphy27

One of the Regulars
movie cameras

Starting to expand my camera interests to movie cameras. I've got my Dad's old 8mm Keystone to start with. Just picked up two Bolex 8mm so I'm all set with the 8mm range for know. My next interest is 16mm cameras. Any one know of any web resources you could recommend other than Ebay. For some reason not a lot of vintage cameras in my area.

Retro Rob

Familiar Face
Great Collection!I have too many Cameras to count. About a dozen Civil War era wet plate cameras, around 80 Brass lenses. 3 or 4 Speed Graphics, A Graphic 4x5 SLR dated 1909, an Ica Palmos 3 1930s Contax, 3 1930s Leicas. a Couple of 50s Leicas. Everything I own I shoot with, some day I'll post some photos of them. You can see some of the Wet Plate stuff on http://www.civilwarphotography.com/gibson/visitstudio.html

Randy

Familiar Face
Retro Rob said:
Great Collection!I have too many Cameras to count. About a dozen Civil War era wet plate cameras, around 80 Brass lenses. 3 or 4 Speed Graphics, A Graphic 4x5 SLR dated 1909, an Ica Palmos 3 1930s Contax, 3 1930s Leicas. a Couple of 50s Leicas. Everything I own I shoot with, some day I'll post some photos of them. You can see some of the Wet Plate stuff on http://www.civilwarphotography.com/gibson/visitstudio.html

I've seen your work - very impressive indeed. And your website is very tastefully done too. I'd love to see some of your cameras and lenses - there is really nothing that can compare to the wood and brass era of photography.

- R

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
alphy27 said:
Thanks. I love that camera! Dreyfuss definitely had style. The SX70 is probably the grooviest camera design ever. Sleek and smooth look. My dad used it back in the 70's in his welding and fabricating business to do shots of big on-site jobs when he needed to work up estimates. He passed it to me when he got a newer model Polaroid in the 80's.

It's not a valuable or rare camera, but certainly an original. I like the design, too. I found this one with huge, heavy battery-powered strobe. I'd never seen an attachment like this for the camera.[
IMG]
1-28.jpg
[/IMG]

Retro Rob

Familiar Face
Thanks Randy, The website hasn't been updated in a while. I hope to have a newer one soon. I love the old wooden cameras, they have a great patina, if only they could talk !

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Very nice, QB! I'll bet that thing weighs a ton! lol
I seriously looked at one similar (in the box, but without the flash) at a car show/swap meet last year. I didn't buy it, though, because the guy wanted seventy dollars for it.

Lee

Randy

Familiar Face
Sadly, Polaroid just recently stopped producing film of any kind - the end of an era in photography. Fuji still produce some instant films, but there's something about the original...:(

If I'm not mistaken, the camera on the left is a roll film model introduced in the late 40's, the one in the middle uses the more common peel apart films and is from the 60's, and the last one is the revered SX-70, which was ground breaking when new in the 70's. Many famous photographers (Adams and Kertesz come to mind right away) used that camera and the quality was excellent.

- R

alphy27

One of the Regulars
Quigley Brown said:
It's not a valuable or rare camera, but certainly an original. I like the design, too. I found this one with huge, heavy battery-powered strobe. I'd never seen an attachment like this for the camera.[
IMG]
1-28.jpg
[/IMG]

WOW! I remember seeing those flash units back when I was a wee nipper. When ever my parents took us to a department store my Dad and I would inevitably wander off from the girls to peruse the camera and electronics departments. I was always fascinated with all the gadgets in the camera department.

alphy27

One of the Regulars
Randy said:
Sadly, Polaroid just recently stopped producing film of any kind - the end of an era in photography. Fuji still produce some instant films, but there's something about the original...:(

If I'm not mistaken, the camera on the left is a roll film model introduced in the late 40's, the one in the middle uses the more common peel apart films and is from the 60's, and the last one is the revered SX-70, which was ground breaking when new in the 70's. Many famous photographers (Adams and Kertesz come to mind right away) used that camera and the quality was excellent.

- R

Exactly correct! Polaroid model 95. The very first "instant" film camera introduced 1947-48. Alas, roll film no longer available. More details: http://www.clickondavid.com/polaroid.html

The center camera is the model 350 vintage 1969. Fuji still makes series 100 pack film so I can still have fun doing Polaroid transfers. And it will look cool on the front seat of my 1968 Austin America at cruses (once its finished that is).

alphy27

One of the Regulars
movie cameras

My latest acquisitions. Left to right: Bolex 8mm B8 with Amitar 3" 1:1.9 telephoto lens, Bolex 8mm B8L with Kaligar 1 1/2" 8mm Cinelens and Kern-Paillard Yvar 1:1.9 f=13mm lenses, and Bolex 8mm P1 Zoom Reflex with Som Berthiot Pan-Cinor 1:1.9 zoom lens.
bolex.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy