Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Custom Buckaroo Adventurer/Western

portolan

A-List Customer
I can't thank Major Moore enough for the great job he did on my custom hat. This 100% Beaver western weight hat is soooooooo soft. I had him make the brim a little bit bigger than he suggested, cause I like them that way. This is a great hat for wearing in both Florida and Mexico. It came with both a black ribbon that shows off the beaver silver belly and a horse hair hat band for a moore (pun intended) Mexican look. As far as I am concerned, Mike nailed this for me. He was such a gentleman throughout the process and got it to me in plenty of time for Christmas. The lovely Mrs. Stover said I could wear it to take some pictures and then back under the tree it goes. I have never had such a soft velvety hat. Thanks Mike for making this very special for me. I couldn't be happier.....a little bit country and a little bit Africa . . . he did just what I asked for. :eusa_clap

Buckaroo8.jpg

Buckaroo7.jpg

Buckaroo2.jpg

Buckaroo4.jpg

Buckaroo5.jpg

majormoore

Vendor
Phil, the last photo looks the best, glad it was what you were wanting, have a wonderful Christmas and be safe if you travel.

Major Moore

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That looks super, Phil. I've been waiting for your to post pictures of the finished hat. How did Mike do the crown? It looks like the brim drops a little in the back.

Another great looking hat, Mike. Man, you are knocking them out.

theprofessor

New in Town
McClintock!

ever since watching the movie McClintock with john wayne, i have an appreciation for a nice western hat with the classy look of a ribbon band. nice hat indeed

majormoore

Vendor
You just wait and see the new horsehair hat bands I am getting from the Montana State Prison, man oh man are they nice. They are hitched horsehair..

Major Moore

indycop said:
I am thinking one of those horsehair bands would look great on that Akubra Boss of the plains I am waiting on...

Neil

A-List Customer
Wow

An excellent look. I agree. Wider brims are cool. And I love the black ribbon on silverbelly look.
Mind me asking what a creation like that costs?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
majormoore said:
You just wait and see the new horsehair hat bands I am getting from the Montana State Prison, man oh man are they nice. They are hitched horsehair..

Major Moore
Oh man now I am going to start collecting western hats too, I see it coming...:eusa_doh: :D

Duck

Practically Family
Great looking hat. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap It looks right at home on you.
You and Mike did a great job.

Akubra Man

One of the Regulars
You've got a beauty

It looks like a big 4 inch brim there. I like the more casual working man's hat style myself and that hat you have there is spot on. I like that hat a lot and wish you much enjoyment from wearing it. If you put a khaki Pugaree on it over the black ribbon it will have that Safari /Adventure look too. You have a winner!! :eusa_clap

Razzman

One Too Many
WOW! Great looking hat. A fine job by majormoore.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap I do like the wide brim. You wear the hat well. Congratulations!:eusa_clap

barrowjh

One Too Many
Nice work, Major. A really nice looking hat.

I want to say something about the brim, too. Southern climes beg the wider brims, without regard to the usual fashion standards of brims proportionate to a man's build. I would probably look best in a 2 1/4 or 3/8 wide brim at the most, but I consistently wear 2 1/2 and greater; hardly ever wear a 2 3/8. Our southern climate lately has been more appropriate for straws about 6 months of the year. For a person living mostly in Florida or Mexico, fur felts would only be tolerable about 4 months of the year (if that much) lately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails