Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Federation is Finally Here!

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
After what seems like quite a while my new Akubra Federation is here!!

I ordered one in size 60, and it turned out to be too big. I sent it back, but 59s in tawny brown were back ordered. Overall, this was about a 6-plus week process.

Impressions: I like it. It's pretty stiff at this point, but that will change over time. I like the color. The quality and workmanship seem very good.:eusa_clap

IMG_0810.jpg

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Mid-fogey said:

I ordered one in size 60, and it turned out to be too big. I sent it back, but 59s in tawny brown were back ordered. Overall, this was about a 6-plus week process.

Impressions: I like it. It's pretty stiff at this point, but that will change over time. I like the color. The quality and workmanship seem very good.:eusa_clap

IMG_0810.jpg

More pics please!

Did you trim the brim? Looks narrower than usual.

Jerekson

One Too Many
Simply spectacular! The Tawny Fawn Fed is growing on me.

I love the glasses, too! Clubmasters?

fatwoul

Practically Family
You certainly look very pleased in your pic, M-f. You wear your new Fed very well. The proportions are just right.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
That hat looks great!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap I have been wanting a Tawny Fawn for a while now and you are making it worse. If you feel that it is a little stiff for your liking then just work it with your hands and it will soften up real quick. :)

Edward

Bartender
Jerekson said:
Simply spectacular! The Tawny Fawn Fed is growing on me.

I love the glasses, too! Clubmasters?

Looks like it to me. I love Clubmasters with a collar and tie - they have a real G-Man retro feel to them, with an added air of sophistication that Wayfarers can't quite muster. I mean, I love Wayfarers, they're a classic, but somehow they don't quite work the same with a suit. To me they look a little too "costume" (Reservoir Dogs, Blues Brothers), or at least a bit too self-conciously "cool." Clubmasters really hit the spot, though. They look fantastic with that hat, too.... now I've seen a few on this board, I've added a tawny Fed to my wishlist..... eep. Maybe I'll give a C Crown a go on one of those - I'm already thinking diamond on the grey, and of course Raiders-style centre dent on the brown. :rolleyes:

Barb

One of the Regulars
Looks great!

I'd love to see a close up image.

Mid-fogey said:

riccardo

Practically Family
Great hat, it look very good on you.
I like very much the color and the brims dimension.
I repeat the question : Have you trimmed them?

With compliments.
Riccardo.

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
Thanks everyone...

...for all the kind words

Carter: did you switch your avatar? The new one looks great. Love the hat.

Ricardo and Mr H: I didn't trim it down. The other one I got was the same size. I'm 6'4" and pretty big, so it may look smaller on me than on some of the more svelte folks who've modeled them.

Edward and Jerkson: They are Clubmasters -- my favorite style. I have had them in black and tortoise. I agree with Edward. I have Wayfarers and they seem almost like to come along with a mood.

Barb and Kyle: I'll take a close picture of the hat and post it later. A closer view of me would be fatal.

Barb

One of the Regulars
there's always

photoshop <ducking>. seriously, I doubt that would be fatal. either way, a closeup would be grand!

Mid-fogey said:
...Barb and Kyle: I'll take a close picture of the hat and post it later. A closer view of me would be fatal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24