Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My First Aero

Panacheman

Familiar Face
Gentlemen and ladies of the FL, I have ordered my first Aero. I have long been a devotee of the thrift store treasure, the secondhand masterpiece that fits like the old friend. So what you may ask could have brought a bin rummager like me to drop over 600 quid on a brand spanking new jacket? A turning point is what, come this July if I study hard I will graduate from veterinary school. This event has been long in the working and so it seemed appropriate to mark it somehow.
Enough of my long winded ramblings i give you the specs

Aero teamster size 42
in Kangaroo with olive stitching
belted sleeve cuffs (ala the route 66)
a peaked front yolk to mark my Montana mountain man heritage
navy herringbone tweed lining for my time in England
and horn buttons because i like them damn-it

With that i return to my cave to study and to await its arrival.

Last edited:

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
That sounds fantastic! I was under the impression that Aero had stopped with the kangaroo, or that it wasn't readily available. The teamster is one of my all time favourites. I also think the herringbone looks very smart, and I'm told it's really functional aswell. I look forward to seeing some pics when it comes through. What colour is the kangaroo? I'm very curious.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
My Teamster is arguably my favorite jacket. Did you request the option of a large removable pouch in front?

Panacheman

Familiar Face
As far as i know the kangaroo is still a go at Aero. Looking a the sample sent to me I would say the color is a dark matte brown almost seal. with some hints of reddish orange in the grain. I loved the density and the matte finish of the kangaroo. Also i have a bison vest, an elk hide jacket, a goatskin indy jacket, a steer hide police jacket, and a black long peacoat which im pretty sure is canadian horsehide. so i figured it was a fine fit for the menagerie.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I'm very curious about the roo leather. I've never handled it. I have managed to run over several kangaroos in my 4WD, I never thought to make a jacket out of them. Come to think of it, I've spent the equivelant of 2 Goodwears, a Langlitz and a handful of Aeros getting various cars fixed up after encounters with Kangaroos. It might be time for me to grab a Kangaroo jacket, use it like a scare crow in my car to show them I mean business.

'Roo leather is like about the gnarliest stuff there is. Well, at least the samples I've handled. I bet there's a bunch of different varieties...if they have some newer iteration, I'd love to see pics of it. Supposed to be bullet-proof.
There is nothing more exciting and stressful than your first custom jacket!
Hope it comes out perfectly!

Last edited:

theeggcarton

One of the Regulars
Congratulations....looking forward to seeing it! Love the fact that the kangaroo is more "matte"...sometimes wish my FQHH Aero was a bit less glossy....

Sounds like it will be a killer jacket and well deserved!

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Congratulations, Panacheman (great name, btw), on your graduation amd your new jacket. Are you coming back to the Rockies to practice? You could bill yourself as "A Doc called Horse: or Elk, or Bison, or Steer, or Roo, etc."

dan_t

Practically Family
Congrats!
I have a pair of RM Williams 'roo craftsman boots. They are the thinnest & lightest leather bootsthat I own & are very comfortable as a result. Look forward to the fit pics.

Edward

Bartender
Looking forward to seeing the Roo. I could really go a for a Summer jacket in Roo if it turned out to be light enough for that...

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Congratulations, I own a Teamster and it's one hell of a cool design. How thick is the kangaroo leather, judging from the sample you received?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I see Aero are saying on their Face Book page that they've only got enough 'roo left for another five jackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24