Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My first ebay hat.

riccardo

Practically Family
Hi,
i win this Open Road on ebay...what do you think about it?
18_12_sb.jpg

0e_12_sb.jpg

0a_12_sb.jpg

Many thanks for your ideas.

Regards, Riccardo

Dave Keith

Familiar Face
I think it looks like a treasure!

It looks wonderful Riccardo. I would be happy to nominate you for honorary Texas citizenship. You may know that the Open Road was a favorite style of President Lyndon B. Johnson and here in Texas is still referred to by many as the "LBJ" hat.

congratulations on a great find.

Bebop

Practically Family
Bravo!

Very nice hat. I have several older open roads that are really great. I have one that looks exactly like it and fits like a custom made hat. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.

riccardo

Practically Family
Gift for Dave.

Dave Keith said:
It looks wonderful Riccardo. I would be happy to nominate you for honorary Texas citizenship. You may know that the Open Road was a favorite style of President Lyndon B. Johnson and here in Texas is still referred to by many as the "LBJ" hat.

congratulations on a great find.

Hi,
thanks to all you for your nice word. :cheers1: .
Here is a little gift for Dave.
lbj.jpg

Best regards.
Riccardo

Dave Keith

Familiar Face
thanks for the picture

Like many great leaders, LBJ had some character flaws. History is probably not yet able to put him in a category. To just point out one good quality, he liked hats!

Come visit me and I will take you a couple hours south of my home and show you LBJ's birthplace and the ranch where the Texas White House was during his presidency. In the spring, when the bluebonnets are blooming along the Pedernales, it's a beautiful place.

riccardo

Practically Family
I got it!

Hi to all,
friday it comes!
I was in Venice and my wife phone me and says " The hat is arrived!".
Yesterday, when I come home, i saw it: it very beautiful, my first Open Road...my first vintage hat! It's since 50s (the vendor said it) it's a 7x beaver.
It is so:
the felt is wonderful,smooth dense and thin. It's only a little harder than my exspectatives...but it's an Open Road not a Stratoliner.
I've shape it in a fedora choice, like one I've seen here on the lounge.
The sweat band is hard...a little too dry, i'm afraid it would break.
Any advice about this problem?
I'm very fulfilled of it. Next I'll post some pics for your comment.

photobyalan

A-List Customer
Congratulations on getting a great hat! If the sweatband is really bad, you can have it replaced with a new piece of leather. Any hatmaker should be able to do it and it should not be too expensive. You can have the hat cleaned at the same time and you will have what amounts to a brand new hat. I am not sure about using leather conditioner on the sweatband because it might tend to bleed into the felt and stain it, but someone else might know better than me on that subject.

riccardo

Practically Family
...mmmm...
you are right guy, I've just posted a mail to optimo hat to know the cost of it: I've asked them to clean reblock and change the sweatband...
Regards.
Riccardo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot