Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My first fedora (new to hats)

Bird Lives

A-List Customer
Kicks *ss....You're a natural....A hat like the Saxon is very versatile and will really swing with many different styles of dress...
It will work with nice pleated pants with a Polo shirt buttoned and tucked in with a jacket....or pleated pants, tucked in with a t-shirt and vest or sweater with a vest either buttoned or unbuttoned...I saw a young man with jeans tucked in t-shirt, open vest, converse shoes and a 2" brim fedora similar to the Saxon and he looked great...

Keep and open mind and try things...If you don't have the bread to cop a new wardrobe there are other ways to do it...just be thoughtful and keep an open mind and open eyes...you can see lots of things on the web...maybe somethings will strike your fancy...

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Welcome, Jetset!

I tried on the Saxon this weekend at my local hat store, Meyer the Hatter. Unfortunately they didn't have my size in the color I wanted. If I want one I'll have to order online. But the walnut color was a neat warm tan/brown, and the brim wears larger than the 2" it is. I suspect there's a good reason why it's one of Stetson's big sellers. A good choice for you.

As for wearing it, just wear it and go. Hats aren't difficult to pull off if, as the others may have said above, you wear the hat, don't let it wear you. Maybe experiment with tilting it a la Sinatra to express your attitude!

Jetset

New in Town
Thanks, you guys!
Insofar as my hat goes, I get a lot of "Gee, you look like Indiana Jones" because of the brown color.
It kinda sucks but oh well [huh]
I've got a hat coming from Rand's Hats out of Montana pretty soon.
Hopefully that will dispel the rumors that I'm trying to bring indy back.:D

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Kind of a wide crown for your thin face. Next hat, maybe look into a Borsalino of some kind, as the crowns are less stovepiped and more tapered han the Stetsons. Taper would be good for you. It's hard to specify in advance a model of hat that will work well with a given person's face. it's just trial and error. But a worthwhile trial and error. If you make a lot of purchases, many of them will turn out right, and you'll learn a lot in the process. A visit to a bricks and mortar hat store, of which there are few nowadays, would maximize your ratio of time spent to identifying many good hats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24