Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My first hats, and my first post!

Fridaynight

Familiar Face
Hi everyone, I've been a lurker for a couple of weeks, got two hats under my belt (or on top of my head, as the case may be).

Here's the first one I got, $12 at the Burlington Coat Factory, mostly as a starter hat, but I do like it and will likely wear it quite a bit this summer.

Picture002.jpg

And here's the one I just got today, ordered it off of ebay, it's a little bit tight on my head, but I'm hoping it'll stretch a bit as I wear it

Picture005.jpg

and here's the inside of it, I have no clue when it was made, or anything else about it. It seems to be in great condition, except for a little tiny bit of damage around the outside of the brim, nothing I'm concerned about for now.

Picture008.jpg

Also, I noticed there are several Portland, OR area people in the lounge. If one of you happen to stop in, I'm curious if there are any hat stores in the area. I live in Salem and so far I've been relegated to looking on ebay and in donation based clothing stores. I wouldn't mind making a trip up to Portland for it and I could always stop by Tony Starlight's afterward, had a lot of fun there last time.

Brooksie

One Too Many
Hello and Welcome Fridaynight!
Love your hats and you wear them well. I am an Oregonian also (as you can see from my profile I am on the coast), I actually live a lot closer to Salem than Portland and I do a lot of shopping in Salem. I have gotten most of my hats from thrift stores. See you around the lounge and have a very good evening.

Brooksie

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Welcome Fridaynight!

I think you will quickly realize that this is a great community to be a part of. I've only been here about five days, and I'm quickly rackin' up posts; there's so much to talk about here.

Very nice hats by the way! I always wonder, do we find the hats, or do they find us?

Warlock

Suspended
Welcome from another new member. I can tell you that the good people here have been very helpful to me and this is a great place to learn. There are fascinating people here with tons of great information, and they are willing to share.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Welcome, FridayNight!

You're off to a great start. That's a very nice Stetson you have and you wear both well. It's great to see younger men interested in hats. I'm trying to get my son interested but he says they look funny on him (while wearing a frayed baseball cap.) Interestingly he doesn't say the same about his service hat! (Capt, ANG.)

As you've seen already, I'm sure, it's kind of hard to stop once you get hooked. Enjoy!

Cheers,
Tom

Feraud

Bartender
Welcome to the Lounge Fridaynight.
I cannot tell you how many hats I bought from BCF over the years.
The straw should serve you well for the summer. The Stetson does not look tight on your head but wearing a hat is the best way to stretch it!

Enjoy 'em!

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Feraud said:
Welcome to the Lounge Fridaynight.
I cannot tell you how many hats I bought from BCF over the years.
The straw should serve you well for the summer. The Stetson does not look tight on your head but wearing a hat is the best way to stretch it!

Enjoy 'em!

I've been BCF man for quite a while now. I think you look great in your Stetson...and it will stretch a bit, try steaming it a bit and fitting it on till it cools, but avoid steaming the leather sweatband, it's hard on the leather.

dean

Fridaynight

Familiar Face
Thanks for the warm welcome, I've definitely caught the 'hat bug' already, All it took was looking in the mirror while wearing them and I was hooked.

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Welcome! And good choices!

Oh, and, uh, Dean, I really like the, uh, straw this fellow is donning. Uh, any chance of a BCF run in the near future? Huh? Maybe...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80