Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My grandmother's "so mad I could spit" movie -- help please

Candied violets

New in Town
I have begged the members of my family to tell me their stories and at last they are! Recently my great-aunt recalled that in her teenage years my grandmother used to go up to her bedroom and literally spit when she was angry. This was due to a scene she had seen in a movie with an actress she admired. I asked my grandmother what movie it was and which actress and she replied:

About the antique movie. You know my memory does struggle sometimes. I remember the scene very well but am not positive about the actress. She was performing in a Mexican cantina and was absolutely furious about something. She was a very sensuous dancer and some male person had given her a bad time. She couldn't take out her anger on him because she not only was a woman, but also a low level performer. It had to be about 1944-1946. It could have been Rita Hayworth, Yvonne DeCarlo or Hedi Lamarr. I kind of think it was Yvonne DeCarlo. Sorry I can't be more positive.

Can anyone help my grandmother and I identify this movie? Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace