Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Knox 100 - authentic?

Snrbfshn

A-List Customer
Just got my Knox 100. At least, that was what I was hoping for after it was shared with me that some folks thought the hat being sold on ebay as a Knox 100 was, in fact, not a 100. Something just didn't look or feel right about the hat, it was said.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8321873102&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1
So I was a little apprehensive when the box arrived and I began to open it. My reaction? Woooooooooow! As you'll see below, there's doubtless any question as to it's authenticity. It's my first Knox, and it looks to me like I now have their finest example of hatmaking - for $28.50. The detail is magnificent, even down to the embroidered Knox logo on the wind trolley button! Well, see for yourself...
3f43.jpg

The hat is just as it arrived. It looks like the top was smushed down at some point, and as soon as I practice steaming an old Dobbs I've got, I'll carefully try this one.
ac1f.jpg

7814.jpg

2e63.jpg

c8dd.jpg

Inside sweatband is written "Teck & Marks" and "Alf" (the hatmaker?) on one side and...
edee.jpg

"8457 Knox 100" and a word the looks like "cus tom" or some such. Any idea what 8457 means? It's not the block #, because that's on the tag below.
54c3.jpg

5b04.jpg

1953.jpg

3b36.jpg

What kind of edge is this? The underside of the edge is completely smooth. Is this Knox's equivalent of the Cavanagh edge? It says "Custom Edge" on the sweatband.
Oh, yeah, best thing is it fits great. I gotta tell ya, I was giddy to the point of lightheadedness most of last night. I'm counting my blessings on this one.
I post pix later of my Borsalino that just arrived, as well as the Resistol straw and Penny's Marathon I'm so happy with. Still waiting for my English Imperial Stetson, but it's coming from the Netherlands and could be several more weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace