Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new 1930 Bulova Two Tone Watch

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Folks,

I'm so excited that I won this eBay auction, I had to tell somebody. I won a 1930 Bulova Two Tone Menswatch. Look:

newwatch.jpg

:)

Jon

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Beauty!

Nice find, FG. I especially like the ornamentation on the case. Enjoy.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Hey,that is really beautiful! Congratulations! I hope it wasn't too dear. A great old watch like that must have generated a lot of interest. I really love how men's watches were elegant back then. Now I guess you're not a "man" unless you're wearing something the size of a pancake on your wrist.[huh] That's a swell watch!

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
FedoraGent said:
Um...excuse me? Yes I am a man.

I think Sefton's comment is in reference to a lot of watches you see today which are getting bigger and clunkier. Some of them look like you're strapping a 30's-50's travel alarm clock on your wrist. 2-3" across, almost 3/4" thick.

But FedoraGent, a great watch. As a Tomasso mentioned, the design on the case really adds a touch of elegance. Congratulations on a great find!

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Mike in Seattle said:
I think Sefton's comment is in reference to a lot of watches you see today which are getting bigger and clunkier. Some of them look like you're strapping a 30's-50's travel alarm clock on your wrist. 2-3" across, almost 3/4" thick.

But FedoraGent, a great watch. As a Tomasso mentioned, the design on the case really adds a touch of elegance. Congratulations on a great find!
Mike just wrote clearly what my intended meaning was-I apologize if my imprecise writing made it seem like I was impugning your manliness! Thank you Mike and excellent watch FedoraGent!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW