Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Aces High Irvin

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
...as promised, before I left, here are a couple of the shots Jon (Aces High) sent of my new pre war model Irvin.
It has been long underway, because I decided to wait for the brand new Lightning repro zippers, Jon had in production.
I'll post some "action-shots" when I receive the jacket, which is still in the post - somewhere between France and Denmark.
I don't think I need to express how exited I am...

Front.jpg

Frontright-1.jpg

Back.jpg

Frontcollar-1.jpg

When I get the jacket - and has worn it - I will be happy to give a review. But until that, I can only say, that Jon is an absolute pleasure to deal with.
And he bloody well knows what he is doing. He started researching Irvins 6 or 7 years ago. Took an original apart to make patterns, searched for ages for the right sheepskins and tanning processes. Just with one purpose: To make the most accurate Irvin repro. I think he nailed it. Beautifully!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

P.S. Bartender - feel free to move this to the Repro Irvin thread. Might be more appropriate there.

Last edited:

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
As many may have realised I'm not one of those collectors that knows every detail of something like this, but I have noticed most quality copies appear to use the same belt buckles on Irvin's, and B3s. US Flight pants etc. Was this the normal or is it the nearest we can get these days.
J

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There was some variety in the appearance of original Irvin belt buckles. The earliest had curved prongs and later ones straight prongs. Links sometimes used larger chromed buckles which still look new today. The buckles used on B-3 jackets were a little smaller than the Irvin ones.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Very cool, Spitfire. I'm sure the new jacket will be able to handle anything winter can possibly throw at you.

Asienizen

One of the Regulars
Hey, nice to see you back Spitty! I like the jacket, let's see how it looks on you when the time comes!! Cheers

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Thanks. Not for long though. Only because I promised to show the jacket and to give it a review. Pictures of me wearing it in the "Repro Irvin Section".
I really will be sorry to see you leave this sight. As you have probably read, there are a lot of us that like to hear your opinions on the different subjects. Are you sure you want to let a couple of bad apples chase you from this sight? A heartfelt good luck, no matter what your decision!

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Thank you for your kind words, but I prefer not to go down that road again.
I promised myself never to go in here again - partly because I would not give a certain bartender the satisfaction of "I told you, you would come crawling back. Even under a new name."
I am not coming back. Only fulfilling a promise - and giving Jon/Aces High the credit he has earned.
Hope to see you at the Vintage Leather Jackets Forum. Ciao for now.

Last edited:

Otter

One Too Many
Thank you for your kind words, but I prefer not to go down that road again.
I promised myself never to go in here again - partly because I would not give a certain bartender the satisfaction of "I told you, you would come crawling back. Even under a new name."
I am not coming back. Only fulfilling a promise - and giving Jon/Aces High the credit he has earned.
Hope to see you at the Vintage Leather Jackets Forum. Ciao for now.

Is why I stopped posting here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran