Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My New Goorin

abduktedtemplar

New in Town
so i just got it in from zappos. its the moretti. i like the look but i'm not to happy with a few things. you can see in the pics that it looks kinda wrinkled. and on the band where the pin is its a little bulgy. any tips on how to fix what i see in the pics as wrinkles or you think its just the light? the bulg? besides my reservations what yall think =)...

hat3.jpg

hat4.jpg

Yohanes

One of the Regulars
Is it the pin that cause bulging? How about removing it? But you need something to replace it (such as needle).. otherwise the hatband will come off..

About wrinkle.. well, this is cloth fedora right? not felt?

KatintheHat

Suspended
Looks like wool or some blend. If you like it, then who cares what others think. I too would lose that ribbon.

If you like those kind of hats, OFAS is full of nice Wool Tweed walking hats and trilbys with no bids. I'm just not sure how chilly it gets in Indonesia. ;)

Dewhurst

Practically Family
KatintheHat said:
Looks like wool or some blend.

How in the world can you tell that from those pictures?

I can't give much of an opinion on the look of the hat, the lighting is pretty bad.

I like the hat band.

KatintheHat

Suspended
Dewhurst said:
How in the world can you tell that from those pictures?

I can't give much of an opinion on the look of the hat, the lighting is pretty bad.

I like the hat band.

The top is sewn on, so I doubt it's corrugated cardboard. The corrugation is probably stitched in, as on one of my wool IRISH WALKING HATS. Granted the picture resolution does not show this so... it's just an assumption on my part. Notice how the corrugation changes and swirls around the brim, as opposed to being straight up and down on the crown. Nice touch.

It's not my cuppa tea but, who am I to judge someone's taste? I'd do a different ribbon treatment on it too. I'm not sure just what but I'd try some different looks, for sure.

Markus

Dewhurst

Practically Family
I couldn't see ANY of the details you are talking about until I downloaded the photos and upped the contrast and brightness sky high.

Now I see what you are talking about.

I had a Dockers cotton fedora that looked very much like this but was a tan with pin-stripes. It was very lightweight and super comfy. I really liked wearing it.

This topic has reminded me that I might like to get new a linen trilby for next summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran