Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Johnson Horsehide Jacket

technovox

One Too Many
Love it! Have to say that I am missing the wind flap ala the Vanson Enfield though.
Yes, I specifically requested no wind flap. For my purposes, I find them useless- detracting from the clean design, and adding unnecessarily to the weight. But perhaps if I was in a colder climate I'd feel differently.

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
You're lucky you live in San Francisco and can go in person. I made a special trip to SF for my first JL and I just received my second that was done via emails and phone. It's amazing how he can send you a test jacket, you email him pix wearing it, he says two inches here and one inch there, and proceeds to nail the fit (although he'll always cheat on the large side because you can't alter it bigger, just smaller). I had to mail it back to fix a mix-up on the cuff but the fit was perfecto. I'll post when I get it back. It really came out beautiful (CXL bomber jacket, brown mouton collar, rust knits, brown thread, antique brass zipper, uber merino lining - same as Forrest's, via some famous personage)). Alan and JL are the greatest. I've called him and emailed him so many times he's almost like family now (except he's always happy to hear from me).

Last edited:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I can beat that. Alan has made me three perfect fit jackets in very different patterns 1) without ever seeing me, 2) without any photos, 3) without a test jacket, 4) with just 2 emails per jacket.

pak

One of the Regulars
I too have a JL the fits very well. The process with Alan was both minimal and pleasant. I would ask "Can you do this or that?" The answer was always "yes". Alan would give suggestions based upon the production of thousands of jackets. The result is a nice product. I think one byproduct of this site is the raised expectations of what a 'perfect fit might be', resulting in an unjustified dissatisfaction with a builder of a jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff