Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New member, starting up a crazy JL 6oz leather jacket order

tuanhng614

Familiar Face
I actually use them from time to time.

Just out of curiosity, what do you put into the chest pocket?

My phone (not the latest and biggest of today phone) won’t fit. Wallet is too thick, so it goes into the interior pocket.

I can only think of business cards, or slim credit card case. But then, the zipper is kind of inconvenient to operate, and I also tend to forget things in the chest pocket haha.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just out of curiosity, what do you put into the chest pocket?

My phone (not the latest and biggest of today phone) won’t fit. Wallet is too thick, so it goes into the interior pocket.

I can only think of business cards, or slim credit card case. But then, the zipper is kind of inconvenient to operate, and I also tend to forget things in the chest pocket haha.
Sometimes I put small slips of paper inside. For example, the receipt from the return of deposit bottles. Or receipts when I have posted a parcel. Or tickets from events. Small keys from lockable cloakrooms in the office. And sometimes I hang in one temple of sunglasses.
I always have my phone, money and keys in my trouser pockets.

I found the OG leather pulls and a post-it where I jotted down the jacket’s measurements when new to see if it’d shrink over time. There used to be a theory that Shinki would shrink.

steelbahamut

Familiar Face
Quick update. Sitting in my backyard now, wearing the jacket and moving around. Snapped some pics as it seems the break-in is progressing well. Some small wear and scratches are present now.

Excited how this will look in a week and in a month.
IMG_9352.jpeg
IMG_9353.jpeg
IMG_9354.jpeg

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Thicker leather just hits different. Those rolls are awesome. Lots of sweat equity there. I get some minor arm hickeys from breaking in CXL sleeves, but totally worth it.

How is the body panels breaking in? Those are a bit harder than the sleeves as they don't move as much. Mostly from sitting and the wide horizontal creases.

It's great you're really putting in the time to wear this beast jacket. Congrats.

steelbahamut

Familiar Face
Thicker leather just hits different. Those rolls are awesome. Lots of sweat equity there. I get some minor arm hickeys from breaking in CXL sleeves, but totally worth it.

How is the body panels breaking in? Those are a bit harder than the sleeves as they don't move as much. Mostly from sitting and the wide horizontal creases.

It's great you're really putting in the time to wear this beast jacket. Congrats.
They are coming along I think. Going to give it till maybe friday, and I can take some pics of the jacket at the “one week mark”
I will say its considerably more comfortable now, I have no doubt its well on its way to being fully broken in.

I sold my three other jackets to make room, for now this is “the one” for me.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Wow, you're fully committed to this one. That's the way to do it! I remember seeing a guy on Instagram did the same to his horsehide Columbia, he did very frequent documentation of its evolution. Modern days have too many temptations...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner