Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new old furniture: how old?

Young fogey

One of the Regulars
5611215169_3784e353ef.jpg

5611798872_8f561660ee.jpg

Thanks.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The top piece looks a lot like a suit of Drexel Furniture Company furniture that my parents bought in 1952. Theirs was mahogany and part of the "Travis Court" line. I'm not sure when that line came out, but I believe I heard them call that furniture "pre-war Drexel."

Are there any markings on the back that may give a clue?

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't see markings but from what you say, my guess about the period was right! Thanks.

If it's Drexel furniture it will be stamped somewhere (bottom of drawers, on back or bottom of the piece). I don't think I've ever seen any Drexel furniture that was not marked. I don't have a photo of mine, but would be glad to make one if you like. The drawer pulls on yours I believe are exactly the same as on mine.

Small Town Girl

One of the Regulars
How old do you think this desk is? It has definitely seen better days, but I still love it. I did a Google search for Landstrom Furniture and even asked for help at my local antique shop. The dealer at the antique shop said it might be from the 40s, the cashier pulled up a catalog from 1929 that he said had something similar, but I’m not well versed in furniture and would love your insight.

Attachments

• IMG_1303.jpeg
    IMG_1303.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1278.jpeg
    IMG_1278.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 20

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner