Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Schott 141 Cafe Racer

1avrgjoe

Familiar Face
IMG_0039.jpg
IMG_0039.jpg.html
I got this a few weeks ago, it a 48. I normally wear a 46 but Schotts run a little small. W/the liner and a dress shirt or sweater it fit's snugly, w/a tee shirt it's a little loose but still looks great to me. I love the jacket, I wish I could wear it every day. My next one is going to be a brown HWM HH I think but may choose the Euro steer. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

IXL

One Too Many
You did well. I have the "Easy Rider" (model #671) version. I'm a rebel. And, it appears you got the image posting routine down pat.

garzo

One of the Regulars
Fantastic jacket. I own the same jacket, size 46.

Funny story: I originally wanted a brown version and ordered a brown 141 from Cultured Cowboy. They assured me they had the brown version and shipped it to me. When it arrived it was the regular black jacket but listed as "brown" on the invoice. I could have returned it but was getting ready to leave on a big trip and the black jacket looked so good that I kept it. I wrote the store telling them of their screw-up but that I would keep the jacket anyway. They never replied back and I never found out why they sent me the wrong color as I had double and triple checked with them before it was even shipped.

I'm happy with the black and yours looks great too. Enjoy!

1avrgjoe

Familiar Face
Nice. I almost bought that one. How heavy is it?
It weighs exactly 5.5 lbs, I weighed myself w/my bathroom scale w/out jacket then w/it on. The leather is really nice and thick. This is the best qualty jacket I've had for a long time. I have a Schott A2, a couple of Wilson's leather, and another Cafe racer I got from Leatherup for $90 and the 141 blows them all away. I just payed for a Aero HWM FQHH Black. I got it off ebay, it's a year old, the guy had the original tags and invoice for me to see. I can't wait to get that badboy, it should be here by next wednesday. I'm going nuts w/the leather jackets, I'm winning another auction for a jacket on ebay right now also. I rationalize the expense by telling myself that these jackets will be with me for the rest of my life. I could even pass the Aero and Schotts on to my kids someday, they are so good they'll last for a couple lifetimes!

1avrgjoe

Familiar Face
It's kind of tough to tell from that angle and with the jacket unzipped but it looks like a good fit from what I can see. The sleeve length looks good.
I was thinking the same thing about the aNGLE. When I tried the 46 I got it on but I couldn't move well, and that was w/ a tee shirt only so the 48 was the only way to go. Again with the liner in and a long sleeve shirt or thin sweater the fit is perfect, even a heavy sweatshirt works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner