Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My "new" Vanson Model B / House Jacket

Cole

One of the Regulars
I bought this jacket a few weeks ago for only 300,00 €. The previous owner only wore it a few times, since he had lost some serious weight between the order and the time the jacket was finaly delivered, so that it did not fit him anymore. It is a standard size 44R. This jacket has never been on top of my wishlist, but the offer was to tempting to refuse. :D

To get rid of the shiny top coating I washed the jacket on 30°C and gave it a rub down with 70% Isopropylalcohol the next day while it was still a little damp. After it was completely dry it got two treatments with Vanson leather balm to return some of the moisture the alcohol had taken from the leather, plus one long walk in the rain.

This was my first attempt to artificially distress a leather jacket and I am quiet happy with the result (to be honest this whole action was overshadowed by the fear of totally ruining the jacked :eeek:).

house9.jpg

house10.jpg

house11.jpg

house12.jpg

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Nice jacket, you've done a great job and it really looks good on you. A couple of things... no offence but I'm not sure I like the TV show badges on it. They're such a good jacket as they come. Also, do they all have that big seam down the back? I don't think all B's or the TV version has that seam, or am I wrong about that?

Cole

One of the Regulars
Hi Seb,

as far as I know all Model B's got the back seam ( Standard Model B at Vanson's internet site ). This jacket was ordered through Logan's Closet and I know that Dan is real nitpicking when it comes to screen accuracy.

As for the patches, I would say it is a question of personal taste. I've got serveral "plain" leather jackets without any patches (which I like very much) and this one here brings a little variety to the collection. :D

Best regards, Cole

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Just did a google of the Vanson B - some have that seam on the back, some don't. Couldn't find one of the House jacket back but I'm failry sure it's a one piece leather job.

Cole

One of the Regulars
Take a look here . At 1:55 and 2:07 you can see the back seam.

In general I guess you can never be to shure with Vanson since they do costum orders. Possible that someone requestes a Model B without a center back seam.

Last edited:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Take a look here . At 1:55 and 2:07 you can see the back seam.

I general I guess you can never be to shure with Vanson since they do costum orders. Possible that someone requestes a Model B without a center back seam.

Sorry, you are right. They do all come with a seam at the back. I think it's the Vanson Enfield that varies. Someone here may have a better idea than me...

garzo

One of the Regulars
Hey Cole, fantastic looking jacket and it fits you really well. I wanted to get one of these a few years ago but Vanson's customer service made ordering very difficult.
You definitely got lucky finding one so easily!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo