Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My SoCal Booty!

Powerhouse

One of the Regulars
Here are some things I picked up while visiting Southern California.

neckwear
ts.jpg

30's pullover, short pants
shrts.jpg

SB NL
notch.jpg

4 pltd pckt Hollywood
hollyw.jpg

4 pckt wndwpn tweed
4pckt.jpg

shirts
3shrts.jpg

more shirts
2shrts.jpg

I also liberated 1 pair of herringbone tweed NOS trousers, one pair blue gab flat fronts, and a nice civilian sailors visor cap.

mikepara

Practically Family
Lovely stuff.

I like the Wide patterned Tweed and the shirts are very nice. Any photos of the pullover unfolded? I'm not struck on a busy tie but I'm sure everyone else will rave over them. The blue ones nice though.

All thrift stuff? or been out mugging the nursing home wash baskets?

WTH is the pooted thing?

Powerhouse

One of the Regulars
Thanks

Most of it is from Vintage clothing shops. The prices are about one third of what they would be in money hungry NY. I got one tie from a thrift store for 1.99, the striped one on the end.

The pooted thing is some stupid phrase from an even more stupid ad campaign for the cartoon network or something. I saw it while driving through Hollyweird. It's supposed to mean I farted in toddler-talk. [huh] ????? I thought this was a good candidate.

mikepara

Practically Family
Oh I see!

haha...:eek:fftopic:
Sorry for laughing at myself but I just figured out your avatar.

I thought it was some giant 'grand poohbah' Buffalo hat or somesuch. Really should start wearing my specs.

I just pooted!

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
wow!

Where did you find that four pocket window pane! How did I miss that?

The funny thing about NY is that I never understood why vintage was so expensive at places like (the ironically named) Cheap Jack's and Andy's Cheapee's if there really is'nt a vibrant vintage subculture to support it. Meanwhile, just a few hours away in places like PA (Pittsburgh/Lancaster) and the Balt/DC area the prices for vintage are relatively cheap.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Powerhouse, you really did clean up! I'm so happy you found some good stuff here! Not to mention Alex's big score at Aardvark's! Found those two really nice dresses!

I like how you folded those shirts... that's cool looking!

=WR=

skwerl-hat

One of the Regulars
:eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic:
that my pooted signage is prevalent in vegas also i was like i must be getting old what is that?!:eusa_doh:

ps
i love those two pocket shirts i noticed the colors are so much different from shirts created now is it due to the age fading? or was it a different type of dyes.

Wild Root

Gone Home
The dyes they used back there were a little different then the ones they use now. But, also remember that what colors were popular back then aren't so popular today. That's another thing very important to remember when trying to pull off a vintage look. You've got to wear different colors then what's made today! Most men's casual clothes of those days had unique colors and color combos.

Any one can dye an item of clothing any color they want; it's just hard to match colors some times.

=WR=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo