Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Vintage Like Cosmetics

melanie

One of the Regulars
I just love this range from Boots The Chemist, the packaging is so vintage and the lotions and potions are divine to use.

JGA_4255.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Yes, these products have been covered in several other places here. I don't mean to be rude, but you might want to try searching for threads before posting new ones here - almost everything has likely been covered already! It just keeps things simpler and easier for everyone to find!

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
It's not just you, Melanie, this happens about once a week. It's just easier to have ~one thread on a subject than 500 with a couple of posts.

melanie

One of the Regulars
Oh, sorry about that, I am new to this, and there are just so many threads on here, I really would not know where to put my replies, is there an easy way for searching for threads on here, instead of having to go through them all?

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
In the blue bar near the top of the screen is the word "Search."

You can also do an advanced Google search. Go to Google and click on Advanced Search. Fill in the blanks where necessary. I think there's a sticky about this in the Observation Bar.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Here is the sticky about searching FL for existing threads - http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=21301. Hope this helps!

I usually have pretty good luck with the advanced search option that's built into this forum. Click on the Search option in the menu bar at the top of every page, and then select Advanced Search. The most important thing is to be creative with your searches. For example, if you're looking for information on nail polish, you might want to try "nail polish", "nails" and "manicure".

melanie

One of the Regulars
Oh, the Boots over here still has them in, and they are quite popular I believe, so I can not see them discontinueing any time soom. I believe you can still buy them from the Boots website also. :)

MissHannah

One Too Many
When I emailed them they told me the cold cream was discontinued but didn't mention the other products - so perhaps it isn't the whole line.

TillyMilly

One of the Regulars
MissHannah: I got the jar yesterday. It arrived safe and sound. Thankyou again.

About the discontinued thing: I tried several stores to get the full range of products. The Boots stores in Liverpool (2 in the city centre) Bromborough (2 stores) and 1 in Birkenhead all had 2 for 3 offer on them and hardly any products on the shelves- and what there were was a bit battered looking- when I asked if they were getting any more in and they (at two stores) told me they were being discontinued. From what i read on the Boots press release (on the internet) about the range was that it was created for thier anniversary- so i don't know if that implies for a short period of time only.

It is possible that the shop assistant was mistaken- it's not the first time. Let's hope so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw