Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mystery in a NYC wall

Dr. Shocker

One of the Regulars
the uninitiated are always confused

Rinderframed.jpg

l_d25dd1973f1dfe85dd9588ee05486f54.jpg

DavidVillaJr

One of the Regulars
PAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA...................................................PAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

that's a great couple of images Doc.

*whew* finally calmed down enough to type....

dv

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
very funny Jack

Senator Jack said:
Perhaps it was made by Missing Foundation.

missing_foundation.jpg

(Okay. Obscure reference only to be appreciated by New Yorkers who braved the Lower East Side before the takeover by yuppie scum.)

I wouldn't doubt MF, you can still find their mark all over the East village and beyond.

be_lovely

One of the Regulars
I have been watching the history channel on the Masons, and it IS interesting, supposedly, Washington, DC is designed by the Masons, with the pentagram and the rule & level, however, whatever the story, it is what it is, and the Masons are a distinct group of gentlemen who enjoy hanging out with each other and discussing current events. I have nothing but respect for them.

Rooster

Practically Family
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Well, it *is* one of their symbols, and they *did* build. As the girlfriend of a Mason, I can guarantee you that, at least at the "anyman" level, it's really not all that interesting.
left.jpg
Ah, the girlfriend of a Mason......He's feeding you full of misinformation as chicks ain't supposed to know all the cool secrets....It is just a club just for guys you know, no chicks allowed, cooties and all that.*yucky*

Story

I'll Lock Up
Julian said:
Might be another building designed by insane, early 20th century architect and physician Ivo Shandor.

The architect was either an authentic whacko or a certified genius. ;)

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Well of course it was done by a mason - what else do you call a bricklayer?

;)

What I think is funny is that in the brutalist world we live in, people are baffled by a little bit of old fashioned decoration. It's probably like finding a Queen Anne in the middle of a sea of vinyl siding.

-Dave

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
"Well of course it was done by a mason - what else do you call a bricklayer?"lol lol lol
Beautiful the new guy plunged to the heart of the sillyness with one shot!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24