Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NASA late sixties jacket

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Thanks! I got about ten pictures of the testpilot; a couple of him wearing the jacket. Also of the seller and the pilot together;the pilot wearing this jacket.. It is very well made, heavier than I thought. I had looked at the replica;s that are now sold out. It is a very rare type of jacket. A nice painted A-2 is easier to acquire I believe...

Post photos if you can!!!

HPA Rep

Vendor
Hi!

I was bitten by the "nowcollectjacketsson" bug some 4 years ago. Been learning and reading here on the forum, but now it is about time for a first post.
Got this jacket last month; an original, circa 1968 NASA jacket. It is an XL size, perfect condition jacket. Due to it's historical value I will not wear this one...don't want coffee all over it... Provenance is known, but I promised the seller to not mention the name. He got it as a 9 year old neighbour kid...
I like to learn more about it, so please let me know what you think!

That is a real gem! Thank you for sharing. Buzz Rickson's made a copy of this style some years back that was probably as accurate as one will find in a copy.

I echo the positive views already expressed on the space program from the early days into the '70's. The moon landing was a huge, huge deal in my house, largely due to my step-dad being AAF and taking the time to explain everything that was unfolding from the beginning onward. That day of the landing, we went to the Franklin Institute in Philly and spent a good deal of time in the planetarium and looking through giant telescopes at the moon and planets; leading up to the moon walk, we had a fabulous steak dinner my mom prepared.

Nice to see such a piece of history!

Last edited:

Dickie Teenie

A-List Customer
Official Buzz Aldrin Road to Apollo 11 50th anniversary merch on sale 40% with flash40 code. I picked up two t shirts for $39 delivered. Had to pass on autographed photos, still a little to rich for my blood but if your a hardcore Apollo fan they are really nice.

https://roadtoapollo50th.com/

Attachments

• buzz 2.JPG
    buzz 2.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 354
  • buzz 3.JPG
    buzz 3.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 375

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member