Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Navy

retrofashion

One of the Regulars
What kinds and colors of suits and what color of fedora would you wear with a navy trench coat?
I want to buy a trench but was trying to avoid the usual tan/beige/cream.
Brown is not my color and is quite similar to tan. So I narrowed it down to blue. If you have another suggestion, please share.
Please feel free to share any pictures as well.
Thanks.

Feraud

Bartender
Do you currently have any fedoras? If so, take then with you while trying on the navy coat to see how it looks.
I can wear black, gray, and brown hats with a navy jacket.

Edward

Bartender
I wouldn't wear brown with navy myself, but grey or black would work fine. Or indeed a navy fedora (if you fancy something a bit different than the regular in the hat department too - ISTM that navy fedoras are surprisingly rare given the popularity of navy suits and overcoats).

In terms of suits to be worn under it, I find navy is only beaten by grey and black for flexibility I'd be wary of browns and maybe strong greens, but blacks, greys, and (obviously!) blues all work well with a navy overcoat in my experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran