Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need for Music?

Derek WC

Banned
Does anybody have a 'need for music'? I have darn near five hundred favorite songs, and it keeps growing, seemingly unending. I simply cannot get enough.

Anybody else?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I think life is best lived with background music.......Background being the operative word......

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Absolutely, it's a healthy addiction! Especially since in the last few years I've just started listening to (pre-bebop) jazz and rock and roll, after a lifetime of listening to mostly heavy metal (which I can no longer bear). It's like being an adolescent all over again and discovering and enthusing over new (old/long deceased) artists. As I've also in the last couple of years taken up ballroom/Latin dance I'm also always on the look-out for vintage rumba music, or Viennese Waltz, or...This is also opening up a world of music for me that I never knew existed. Whee!

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Yes. I always have my ipod with me. Before that it was cassettes. I never much got into CDs, as ipods came on the scene rather quickly. Both cassettes and ipods allow one to customize your 'playlists,' whereas CDs didnt, not counting, of course, recordable CD-ROMS, but those were quickly overlapped and eclipsed by ipods.

My ipod usually has between 350 and 400 songs on it. Sometimes I add, sometimes I take away.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Well... I am getting a Bachelor of Music degree. I will let you draw your own conclusion.

Kirstenkat

New in Town
Oh yes, an iPod touch with 700 songs that goes everywhere with me and a record player and about 10 records. Music is very important to me. It's part of my day.

Bassman

A-List Customer
I MUST listen to it and play it and my iPod has over 17,000 songs on it. I like most everything since music started being recorded though I'm not too interested in classical or opera and I detest rap and hip-hop and dislike most popular stuff '90s through the present.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
YESSSSSS! Music addict ever since I can remember. My dad used to make my "mixtapes" when I was a wee gal and I would dance to them with those big 70s padded headhones with the coil cord lol

These days, it's the iPod. I listen to it all day at work. As of this writing I have 8,153 songs in it. 1888 is the earliest and 2011 the latest. I love it all from Will F. Denny to Lady Gaga. All genres! I don't discriminate! Though I do have my preferences: 20s/30s, rockabilly, new wave/80s pop, and 90s "alternative" :D

davidraphael

Practically Family
'Need' may be too timid a word for me.
I am literally a music junkie.
It's a daily obsession.
I have literally thousands upon thousands of recordings that cover the full spectrum: From jazz (of all eras) to Russian orthodox liturgies to experimental electronica to 1970s library music to minimalist classical music to prog rock to golden age soundtracks to ambient to Polish klezmer to Koran recitals to classic rock...

In addition to CDs that one can buy commercially, I also have innumerable rare concerts and studio recordings by great artists from all musical genres that were never released commercially. Quite a collection, I can tell you.

HodgePodge

One of the Regulars
I have literally thousands upon thousands of recordings that cover the full spectrum: From jazz (of all eras) to Russian orthodox liturgies to experimental electronica to 1970s library music to minimalist classical music to prog rock to golden age soundtracks to ambient to Polish klezmer to Koran recitals to classic rock...
Sounds like your collection and my collection have more than a few overlapping areas. :)

I'm starting to believe that my iPod and my YT playlist are the only thing preserving my sanity; everything else in life raises my blood-pressure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy