Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need help IDing this Perfecto style jacket

Brajtsajd

New in Town
Greetings!
My first post her.

Does anyone know the brand of this jacket?

A lot of people say Schott Perfecto and I'm no expert so normally I'd agree, but a few details don't match. The belt goes all the way around , and is not sewn in back. The epaulettes aren't pointy, but rather flat shaped. The stars seem to be removed, or it looks like they were kinda "branded" in the epaulettes. And speaking of stars, the One star model doesn't usually have snaps on the collar, like this one has.

Thanx for your time.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
This is no Schott. Belt buckle and liner also don't match. The belt seems to be sew to the jacket, maybe for it not to fall off, or the "back" part is just fake.
Also the snaps ares not to be the same ones Schott uses.

Brajtsajd

New in Town
This is no Schott. Belt buckle and liner also don't match. The belt seems to be sew to the jacket, maybe for it not to fall off, or the "back" part is just fake.
Also the snaps ares not to be the same ones Schott uses.

Thanks. I guess I figured as much. I can't seem to find any brand that has that sort of fake back belt.
Nice catch with the belt buckle, I never noticed that. And the zippers on the forearms are next to the seams on the sleeves, while on Schott's they are further away.

Maybe a Harley?

I was thinking maybe an Excelled.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Thanks. I guess I figured as much. I can't seem to find any brand that has that sort of fake back belt.
Nice catch with the belt buckle, I never noticed that. And the zippers on the forearms are next to the seams on the sleeves, while on Schott's they are further away.

True, the sleeve zippers on Schott's are not in the seam.
Also the zipper pulls on pockets are in wrong side. On Schott's if the pocket zipper is open, the pulleys "fall" inside the pocket.

andy b.

One of the Regulars
I think it looks a lot like a modified Excelled. If you look at the bottom right image in the second group of photos, it looks like the back section of the belt is just sewn onto the jacket, and the rear belt loops were added. I have a similar Excelled jacket, only I removed the two piece belt and added three loops to the back so I could use a standard police belt with it if I wanted.

Brajtsajd

New in Town
I think it looks a lot like a modified Excelled. If you look at the bottom right image in the second group of photos, it looks like the back section of the belt is just sewn onto the jacket, and the rear belt loops were added. I have a similar Excelled jacket, only I removed the two piece belt and added three loops to the back so I could use a standard police belt with it if I wanted.

Thanks. I've been looking at Excelled jackets. The belt seems lower on this jacket, but that could also be part of the modifications.

HDRnR

A-List Customer
I recently sold an excelled in the classifieds, I dont think thats an Excelled.

Novos

One of the Regulars

I have to agree with you here. I've had a couple excelled in my day, and they all had those squared off epaulets. Most Brandos with epaulets have a more curved epaulet, if that makes any sense. The buckle is EXACTLY like the excelled I have owned as well. A few slight alterations and there you have it. Still a chance it might be a different brand, but there are a lot of similarities.

Last edited:

Brajtsajd

New in Town
Still a chance it might be a different brand, but there are a lot of similarities.

I'm beginning to think it might be a Lesco. That and Excelled on surface look identical, except that bit of leather near the zipper pull at the hem on Lesco is closer to the one on the images above than Excelled's. A toss-up, really.

I am 99% convinced that's a Lesco. I've seen only a handful of Lesco's but a few 'em had their belts sewn exactly like on the jacket on the pictures up there - one even had a full size detachable belt. Plus, from what I can tell, the belt buckle/loop on the jacket the guy's wearing is bent, just like on most Lesco jackets I've seen. Hardware, sleeve zipper length and position and tapered and somewhat shorter epaulets are all match as well, so are the pocket angles and positions in relation to the coin pocket. Notice how the epaulettes are positioned a bit lower, just under the shoulder seam, that's also something I've seen on a very few jackets, Lesco being one of them.

Some of these Lesco jackets must've been based on Durable, how similar they are.

Brajtsajd

New in Town
I am 99% convinced that's a Lesco. I've seen only a handful of Lesco's but a few 'em had their belts sewn exactly like on the jacket on the pictures up there - one even had a full size detachable belt. Plus, from what I can tell, the belt buckle/loop on the jacket the guy's wearing is bent, just like on most Lesco jackets I've seen. Hardware, sleeve zipper length and position and tapered and somewhat shorter epaulets are all match as well, so are the pocket angles and positions in relation to the coin pocket. Notice how the epaulettes are positioned a bit lower, just under the shoulder seam, that's also something I've seen on a very few jackets, Lesco being one of them.

Some of these Lesco jackets must've been based on Durable, how similar they are.

That's what I thought as well. That or maybe Sears Leather Shop. but on neither could I find ones that had stars on the epaulettes (removed or otherwise) and all of them had the inner lining black (and none ever had that attached belt or did the belt loops sewn like this).
Actually the closest I could get to the jacket up there was these two on some japanese blogs:

They have the stars and the the lining. The difference is that instead of the classic chain pull on zippers they have those NYNCO diamond shaped ones. The belt is missing on the right one, but the hoops are a match. The pnly thing I could find about the brand is that it was that some had that "genuine horse hide front quarter" tag, but no brand name.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot