Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need help/info regarding Vanson Raid, Raider, Arrow

FredS

One of the Regulars
Hi guys...back after a bit of a sabbatical. I been looking at the Vanson Raid, also known as the Vanson Raider and also known as the Vanson Arrow.
There aren't many pictures showing this particular model being worn so I want to ask if anybody here perhaps owns one or has more info about this model.
I'd like to know how the fit is and I'd like to see if possible some pics of it being worn. Also some more detailed info about whether the Raid and the Arrow
are exactly the same or not and maybe a bit of background history on them. From what I can see the rear or back of the Arrow is very different to the back of the Raid or Raider. The Raid looks to have an action back and the Arrow does not. Also the Raid has a kidney panel and the Arrow does not. From the front both look identical.
Here's what I managed to find out so far.
The Vanson Raid in stock at this German dealer: http://www.wwag.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/WebSite.woa/wa/DirectAction?page=!26230
The Vanson Arrow which looks to be the same model or perhaps a later version of it with a change of name. If so is it exactly the same as the Raid and if not what are the differences?
http://www.vansonleathers.com/prod-ARROW-661.aspx?
Aso came across this jacket on a Japanese site where it's called the Raider:
http://www.riobravo.jp/?pid=1863760

Last edited:

FredS

One of the Regulars
Aw come on guys...surely there are some amongst you knowledgeable lot that can provide some answers and perhaps even photo's. Pretty please.

philosophy101

A-List Customer
I've been out to the Vanson factory several times, and while there I tried on the Arrow, which is a current model, and was in stock in several sizes when I was there. It does indeed have a half belt, and is made of their mid weight "Firenze" leather, not their "competition" weight leather. I thought it was a gorgeous jacket, but ended up having a couple of custom jackets made for me instead. I did enquire about the Raid, which I saw offered on the web by a Japanese dealer, and Raider, which appears in a very old (year 2000) Vanson catalog. Vanson told me the Raider was a discontinued model, a sort of predecessor to the Arrow. The Raider had a similar look to the front of the Arrow, but had zippered front angled pockets, whereas the Arrow has welted, unzipped hand warmer angled pockets, and (as you say) the Raider and Raid lack the half belt. I was told the Raid, which has the kidney panel in back, was a special order model made for that Japanese dealer.

I hope at least some of this has been helpful to you. BTW, why not just contact Vanson? They are very nice folks, and make a great quality product, and should be able to answer all your questions.

Good luck to you!

Last edited:

FredS

One of the Regulars
Thanks guys. I will contact Vanson to get more info on the RAID jacket. Well the German dealer has them in stock in all sizes. Looks like a great jacket to me. It's in competition weight leather.
I just want to know what I can expect from the fit. Perhaps Vanson can tell me. I'd like to get one especially as it's very rare now and it seems only this German dealer still has them in stock.

FredS

One of the Regulars
Came across these 3 photo's of the Vanson Raid. Looks like a great jacket to me. Seriously contemplating getting one.
1214694750(2).jpg
1214694750(4).jpg
1214694750(3).jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner