Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New 1940's Museum.

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
Eyemo - I'm from South Wales and stayed not too far from Laugharne just a few weeks ago (near Newcastle Emlyn). I wish I'd read about this before then!

It's a beautiful part of the woods around there.

Eyemo

Practically Family
Phase two almost complete......Looking good!...More info and photo's to follow soon....

Eyemo

Practically Family
Yes please...will be up and running by April...sooner maybe ..all things permitting...

Eyemo

Practically Family
WE WILL BE OPEN FOR
Laugharne weeknd 15th to the 17th of April 2011..Loads of cool retro stuff going on...

Eyemo

Practically Family
Very pleased to announce that Tony Penrose, son of the famous war photographer Lee Miller will be giving a talk about her photographic work at our TIN SHED Museum, Laugharne on the 5th of April 2011.....Tickets will be on sale for this very soon...

...it's such an honour to have Tony talk about one of the most iconic female war photographers of our time...

There will be a WWII display to accompany this event...

Cheers,
Seimon

Eyemo

Practically Family
The collection's in...well most of it.....HELP!!!!

Amazing what you'll find whilst digging out an Anderson Shelter...
0243.jpg

0036.jpg

Eyemo

Practically Family
Guys and Girls we are currently on the look out for a 30s/40s railway cargo carriage for the museum. If you know of anywhere or anyone that might be able to help then please get in touch. Cheers

Eyemo

Practically Family
It's been a while......

Apologies for being incommunicado for some time....I've been for the last two years pretty much totally devoted to building our Tin Shed Museum in Laugharne. With time devoted else where, and during that period Internet access was difficult.

The first season open was fantastic, with over 1700 visitors. We were also donated quite a large collection of 1930's 40's civilian items, and are frantically trying to work out a way of displaying them for next years season.

If you haven't joined us on F/B, then please do.....This is a life long ambition coming together after two very difficult years.It was never going to be easy...but hey!! Failure isn't in our vocabulary...We have come this far, and this is just the beginning, with some amazing projects in the pipeline...So be part of it!!...

Keep an eye on us at...

www.tinshedexperience.co.uk

BTW... Watch "Just Henry" on ITV This coming Sunday....something else we were involved in.

Regards, and a Merry Christmas
Seimon and the Tin Shed Team

Kindest regards,
Seimon

MissMittens

One Too Many
Been drunk at the castle more than once in my time ;)

An old friend used to live down there. Didn't know there were any troops around Carmarthern. Llanelli, yes, especially Pembrey and around that area.....and Swansea, well, Gower anyway.

Eyemo

Practically Family
Ha...me too lol!!!

Yes, 28th Infantry Division in particular... part of next years display at the Tin Shed will be devoted to the US forces based in Wales during WW2...

kampkatz

Practically Family
Eyemo,
The 28th Division memorial grounds and museum isonly 25 miles from here in Boalsburg. I have attended many events there. Each spring (in May) a tribute is given to the fallen soldiers from all wars. It is quite a show with hundreds of active duty 28th members present and all kinds of equipment. The event is free to the public. A friend of mine is a retired sergeant major from the 28th. He would be pleased to learn of the display at the Tin Shed.
Paul

Eyemo

Practically Family
Paul, That's fantastic.....we are hoping to make contact with WWII 28th Inf Div vets especially ones that were training in Wales.
Hopefully one day we can place a memorial to them over here...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner