Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Alexander Leathers Jacket ... I call it the "Adventurer" :)

Plumbline

One Too Many
Thanks Guys for the feedback and comments ..... you're right I really like this jacket, it's the first in a long time which I have truely believed could replace my Californian as my go to jacket.

Cheers .... PL

hpalapdog

One of the Regulars
I hope Mr Plumbline gets to enjoy his jacket, I fear it might be incinerated shortly in WWIII

Last edited:

Plumbline

One Too Many
See other threads but in Summary .... I have CXL HH from Aero Warhawk FQHH from Alexanders and Vintage Warhawk FQHH from Alexanders

all are good ... the differences are subtle and much smaller than you'd think

1. Colour .... Alexanders and Aero Leathers are NOT the same colour / shade the Warhawk is very slightly redder ...... but they are a VERY similar colour finish and have a sort of mottled colour.
2. Quality ..... they are both Horween and both of similar quality ( at least to my eye) the Aero is slightly thicker ( 0.2mm) but don't feel any worse for it. The handle and creasing are so similar it's almost non existant.
3. Finish ... the CXL is slightly more shiney and the Warhawk is the graniest of the two.
4. Ageing ...... too early to tell on the Warhawk

Black CXL and Black Warhawk FQHH are VERY difficult to tell apart after 4-6 months of wear on the Warhawk.
The Vintage Warhawk has a softer handle than CXL and is more matt than either the std. Warhawk or the CXL from new .... it's the Mutts Nuts

If I was picking a favourite it would be Vintage Warhawk ( this is such a matter of personal taste) .... and my next jacket will be a custom in Burgundy Vintage Warhawk FQHH which is simply STUNNING ( the Burgundy CXL Steer is a close second).

HTH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic