Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"New" Black hat?

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I've been looking for a "new" (used) black hat of decent quality. Won this one at a low price. I'm thinking the 2.5" brim might make it a nicely balanced hat. What do you think?

Auction

Lorne

One of the Regulars
You didn't hear it from me, but...

Hello,

I just bought a hat from "The Burlington Coat Factory". It is black fur felt, about a 3" brim, and quite nice. Cost me $16.

I've replaced the toliet paper that passed for a ribbon with black grosgrain ($2), I've bought satin for a liner ($4), and a leather sweat band ($5.25+ S/H).

For less that $40, not counting time with a needle and thread, and I'm going to have a hat better than a current Stetson!

Lorne

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Well Lorne, unfortunately there are no Burlington Coat Factory stores around here - and I checked online with no luck. Looks like you have to walk in to find those hats.

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lorne said:
Hello,

I just bought a hat from "The Burlington Coat Factory". It is black fur felt, about a 3" brim, and quite nice. Cost me $16.

I've replaced the toliet paper that passed for a ribbon with black grosgrain ($2), I've bought satin for a liner ($4), and a leather sweat band ($5.25+ S/H).

For less that $40, not counting time with a needle and thread, and I'm going to have a hat better than a current Stetson!

Lorne

Hope to see your hat! Glad to see you've hit at BCF!

dean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart