Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Book Idea

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
I was recently on facebook and found a new game called Aviator. The story behind it was about an Aviator from the early 30s that was a pilot for hire. He wore leather flying helmet with goggles, leather jacket and khaki riding britches with riding boots, scarf and a bag similar to Indy's. He would fly people and cargo and would also deal in commodities. You start out in Africa and pick a city. I have always loved Casablanca so I started out there. I have been flying between Casablanca and Algiers delivering my cargo and passengers and making money. It got me to thinking that this would make a great adventure story. Casablanca during this time was almost 10 years before Rick opens his place. I started thinking about the pilot in the movie Casablanca. Who is he, where did he come from, did he know Rick. I have decided that he is an American that has been friends with Rick for a long time. Since he is a pilot for hire then he probably was the one who helped Rick smuggle guns and is now smuggling people out of Casablanca. I figure that the flight with Ilsa was his last flight out and that he had already spoken with Rick about the bombing at Pearl Harbor and how he planned to go to China and sign on with Chenault and the AVG. It could start out as a short story dealing with the time around the Casablanca story and then become a full novel that shows how he got his start and how he met Rick and Sam. I could do a series of his different adventures. I think it would be a great adventure and could even become a movie or televison series. Who knows. What do yall think of the idea?

=GG=

GG, the idea is quite intriguing. How old is he? If he's older I see a man in his 50s who was a WWI ace. He and Claire Chennault are old friends dating back to the war. Perhaps he had even taught Chennault to fly.

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
I was thinking maybe late 20s to mid 30s. He would have kind of an Indiana Jones, but in the air, type persona. Also something like the old 80s TV show the Tales of the Gold Monkey. Probably would not be bad to give him a dog or a monkey as a companion. Something he could talk to, because he is unable to open up to others. Only one person really knows him but still not that well, is Rick Blaine. Could even be a younger brother to Rick. Have not thought of that before. What do yall think about him being a younger brother or even and older brother to Rick? It is to the point that I can't really sleep now because I am coming up with all these ideas. Need to start writing.

=GG=

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I LOVE it when that happens - all those ideas! (Of course, the not sleeping part isn't good when you have to work!).

I like the idea of a companion - a dog would be great. My preference: golden retriever. ;)

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
A golden retriever would be perfect. He would be a great companion and one that could protect him and the plane. Still working on a name for the character. I thought about looking back at some of my ancestors names and fooling around with those to create a perfect name, but still looking at the Rick Blaine brother angle. Not sure on that one right now due to Casablanca having such a cult following that most people have different views on Rick's past and if he had any brothers. If yall have any ideas pleas let me know.

=GG=

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Sounds like an interesting idea for a story/series of stories.

I can imagine one of those old two-seater biplanes or something. And a guy decked out in classic flying-kit. However, I stop at supporting the whole blending in with 'Casablanca' and Rick Blaine. I'm not a fan of fanfiction stories, so I wouldn't attempt to pretend I am. But the general idea sounds very interesting. I would suggest a dog as a pet instead of a monkey. It may be clichic, but it's at least useful.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I'm not a fan of fanfiction stories, either, but I don't know that this idea qualifies as one. If he only has a bit role in all of this, then I think it works and works well.

Gray Ghost, I'm really excited to see where you go with this. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn