Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Book on RCA

Flivver

Practically Family
I wanted to call attention to a great new book on RCA that has recently become available. It's entitled "Radiola: The Golden Age of RCA, 1919-1929".

This is a well written and well researched history of RCA during its first ten years. The focus is on the company and the development of all the wonderful RCA Radiola receivers and accessories that are so popular with radio collectors today. This is a large format book of 485 pages, printed on glossy paper and heavilly illustrated. It's priced at $65 but available at discount from Amazon.

The author, Eric P Wenaas spent over four years researching and writing this book. I was one of the editors so have read it five or six times. It is probably the most comprehensive history of a radio company in the U.S. yet written.

I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in RCA Radiolas or the development of the radio manufacturing industry in the 1920s. I realize the price is steep, but the book is worth every penny. If you don't want to make such a significant investment yourself, I would immagine this is the type of book many larger public libraries might be interested in purchasing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner