Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New clothing line...Martin + Osa

MissQueenie

Practically Family
I read about this in one of the Museum Association pubs we get at work a few months ago...I even copied the article in order to type it up here for you all, but sadly I've misplaced it in my move. Anyway, the gist of it is that American Eagle Outfitters are starting a new line of clothing inspired by the lives and work of Martin and Osa Johnson. The article revealed that this is AEO's attempt to follow Gap's clever scheme:

Gap:AEO :: Banana Republic:Martin&Osa

They are collaborating in interesting ways with the Martin and Osa Johnson Museum, which was the main focus of the article (unsurprisingly). It sounds intriguing. I believe they are planning to open several flagship stores around the country this fall.

http://www.martinandosa.com/

I'll keep a sharp eye out for the article so I can reproduce it here.

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
That's a really great concept! They have obviously been tapping the FL for ideas, since Martin and Osa are mentioned fairly frequently around here. Clearly we are at the vanguard of the latest syle trends. Something I've suspected all along, of course. ;)

Miss Queenie, perhaps you should contact them and offer to field test their line for them. You will certainly have the opportunity to provide them with some solid feedback!

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
"If it doesn't work with jeans, chinos, and sneakers, we don't make it." That doesn't sound particularly encouraging.

I will remain optimistic, though. Maybe they'll make something interesting. I hope so.

Now, I don't see any clothes, except for a wrinkled up windbreaker. It may just be because I am on Safari (the browser; I am not in Africa ;) ).

I would like to see what they come up with.

Thanks for posting this, MissQ!

MissQueenie

Practically Family
Mojave Jack said:
That's a really great concept! They have obviously been tapping the FL for ideas, since Martin and Osa are mentioned fairly frequently around here. Clearly we are at the vanguard of the latest syle trends. Something I've suspected all along, of course. ;)

Miss Queenie, perhaps you should contact them and offer to field test their line for them. You will certainly have the opportunity to provide them with some solid feedback!

What a swell idea! I doubt they'd go for it, but I'll send them a ping and see what they have to say. You could offer to field test their menswear, I daresay!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari