Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Dior Collection

LaMedicine

One Too Many
Gorgeous!!
I thought it looked like a kimono inspired line even before I read the review.
Some of the trappings are exact copies of origami art, print patterns traditional patterns used for kimonos, and hair style reminscent of old Japanese hair style.:)

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh Mr. Galliano, you're so deliciously over the top. What an amazing collection! I love to see Dior's couture, it makes me forget about all the logo covered bags that I hate.

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
I love it! When the pics first started popping up I shouted "Oh my god, it's like Cecil Beaton did Mikado!"

It's so theatrical. But now I feel so much less original for using kimono fabric and vintage patterns together. Le sigh!

I love the silhouettes. Are we back into the New Look now? I only just got the memo about empire...

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I dont like the black outfits. I think the colors help the designs of the clothes better than the neutrals.

Altho I see the inspiration, I can do without alot of the hand painted designs on the fabric as well. With the dynamic cuts of the carments, I feel in many cases it takes a way from the shape of the gowns.

The underyling classic cuts of the collection are lovely. I also want one of those origami lilies for a wicked hat :rolleyes:

The shoes, to me now, are shockingly horrible.

LD

LaMedicine

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
The underyling classic cuts of the collection are lovely. I also want one of those origami lilies for a wicked hat :rolleyes:

The shoes, to me now, are shockingly horrible.

LD
The shoes are obviously inspired by geta, the two teeth wooden clog, an informal footwear for kimonos. Neither do I fancy those.lol
As for origami lilies, I can send you a directive if you want to make one for yourself. I believe you are creative enough to make a hat out of one.;)
origami1W.jpg

The lily is in the foreground.:D

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
LaMedicine said:
The shoes are obviously inspired by geta, the two teeth wooden clog, an informal footwear for kimonos. Neither do I fancy those.lol
As for origami lilies, I can send you a directive if you want to make one for yourself. I believe you are creative enough to make a hat out of one.;)
origami1W.jpg

The lily is in the foreground.:D

Oh I took origami in high school. But thanks :) Yeah I know the shoes are based on traditional footwear, but those are just ugly lol

LD

LaMedicine

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
Oh I took origami in high school. But thanks :) Yeah I know the shoes are based on traditional footwear, but those are just ugly lol

LD
They teach origami in school now? My, my, how times have changed. I must be getting too old lol lol lol
Not only do the shoes look ugly, I wonder how one can walk in them without tripping.:p

Amelie

A-List Customer
I love this lilly, I used to make it when I was 10, but now I have completely forgot how to do it, I think I'll have to borrow some origami books soon lol

(so if I've done it so young, you can know that you'll be able to achieve it :p)

*must... go... shopping... for some kimono fabric :eek: *

Amelie

A-List Customer
oh, where will he be transfered?

Somebody told me once where to find stores that sells japanese traditionnal item, but I've lost the paper before I could visit them :(

(but if you happen to sell some of your fabric, pleaaseeee let me know :eek: )

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I love this one:
00270m.jpg

Too bad they're not making another Star Wars movie- they remind me so much of what Natalie Portman wore in some of them :D I love them!

Amelie

A-List Customer
00230m.jpg

this is the one I'd love to wear, but in a kind of casual way

but there are some other models, more complex, that I also love
just like those three with all the different layers :essen:

00260m.jpg
00090m.jpg

00420m.jpg

MissHuff

A-List Customer
J'adore Dior... lol

Those designs are fabulous. I wish I could just walk around all day in coutoure. Could you imagine seeing someone walking down the street like that? I would stop in my tracks and with jaw to the pavement. Kinda Lucy Goes To Paris-ish haha. burlap sacks for coutoure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace