Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New fedora aficionado

Aquia33

One of the Regulars
I think I snagged a new member to the informal union of hat lovers. A retiring friend, until now hatless, is the new owner of an Orvis Snowy River. I think he was surprised not only with the gift, but how well and natural it looked on him. He will be sporting his new lid in Myrtle Beach away from the hustle & bustle of DC.

I hope he continues to wear it in good health and perhaps even add a few vintage or otherwise traditional fedoras to his now budding "collection"

It is one of the greatest gifts when you can share your enthusiasm for something such as fedoras, and the sharee "Gets IT" and understands.

That is a great pleasure and you have done a fine service to others.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
How good of you A33.:eusa_clap If only more gentlemen had friends who would give gifts like that, we could have a fedora society again pushing aside the ball cap.

Cheers!

Dan

Aquia33

One of the Regulars
John in Covina said:
It is one of the greatest gifts when you can share your enthusiasm for something such as fedoras, and the sharee "Gets IT" and understands.

That is a great pleasure and you have done a fine service to others.

I think the Orvis Snowy River is a good "bridge hat" with one foot in the traditional fedora style and the other in a more contemporary, modern vein. For those not really "into" vintage it provides an opportunity for them to doff a hat and not look like a 30's Dobbs poster (personally I like the look) .

...Then they can grow back in time and experiment with vintage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner