Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New fedora on HatsDirect!

IndyBlues

New in Town
Hey Michaelson, any chance of getting a few pics of this hat, post bash? I'm dying to see how she looks after some manipulation. Tha Hats Direct site isn't very helpful with their pics.

IndyBlues

New in Town
The wait is on!

Well folks, after some thinking on it, and quite a bit of interrogation of Michaelson under a 300 watt bulb, I've gone ahead and pre-ordered this little number in burnt oak.
Man! I must be a glutton for punishment. I just got thru a 2 month long wait for my Wested goat, and now I'll be waiting for a hat for another couple months. Sheesh! Why do I do this to myself.
Actually, one of the reasons was Michaelson suggested to get my order in, so as to make sure I get one of the first batch, and not have to wait that much longer on a second.
Made plenty of sense to me.:)

Michaelson

One Too Many
Well, all I can do is apologize for the slowness (is that a word?:rolleyes: ) of answering this request, but from what I understand, there are only 3 examples of this hat currently out there....One went to a customer in Tazmania in a green shade one came to me, and the other went to Ron. The photo on the site is Rons. Until I get around a digital camera, I can't take a photo of mine, but will just as soon as possible. I'll contact Ron and see if he can get some better ones of his to post. Stay tuned. Regards. Michaelson

Michaelson

One Too Many
I'm having second thoughts on the ribbon width on this new 'Fedora'. I was watching a 1932 Bela Legosi movie last night, and lo and behold the twin of my new 'Fedora' appeared on the head of one of the bad guys, COMPLETE with the narrow ribbon! I even held the hat up to a frame grab, and with the exception of the screen hat having more of a 'C' styled dent to my fore/aft bash, it was the same hat. So, I'm thinking it's just my being used to the Indy type ribbon width that made me not particularily like the narrower band. It's growing on me now, as it's period correct! Regards. Michaelson

Kilgour Trout

One of the Regulars
Ok

Isn't that just Akubra for you! What first seems to be just a bit "off" takes on an irreplacable unique character. It makes me think of the "too tight" center knot on their Fed's and Fed D's . At first you say..Wow that's way too tight but then after a month you start to think..hmmm "It's OK", or even nice.
It will be even nicer when we can "See" something :p ;) . eh!

The persistant B@#@g@r: LOL
Kilgour Trout

Michaelson

One Too Many
Kilgour, hold your ear close to your computer screen. Hear that 'tinktink' kind of sound? Sort of way off in the distance? That sound is me banging my head against MY screen. (grins) Regards. Michaelson

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Any pics?

Hey Michaelson,
any pics of this 'fedora'? It seems that akubra has come out with the fedora in carbon grey, too. I think that I am going to go save up for for a carbon grey to go with my suits. I'm just not finding anything on ebay in my size...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24