Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New forum member brand (Rugged West)

Working on the first batch of custom orders at the moment, delivery will be within 2-3 weeks.
Can you do the type 3 in black rough out? I realize this would be a custom order but I’d like to modify a couple things. Snaps instead of buttons, rough out side, add an 1” to the collar points. The pattern looks very similar to my Jo-o-Kay.
IMG_0144.jpeg
IMG_0086.jpeg

Also is there a size chart? Thanks!

Leilah Wilde

New in Town
Can you do the type 3 in black rough out? I realize this would be a custom order but I’d like to modify a couple things. Snaps instead of buttons, rough out side, add an 1” to the collar points. The pattern looks very similar to my Jo-o-Kay.
View attachment 588425 View attachment 588426
Also is there a size chart? Thanks!
That's a beautiful jacket. Love the back. I don't think this should be a problem. I'm actually working on a suede version of the trucker at the minute. Drop me a line at info@ruggedwest.co and we'll run through a few things together. Looking forward to it!

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My black trucker has probably already been produced. I can't wait to see when I get it.

IMG_7163.jpeg IMG_7164.jpeg

Edit:
I've just realised that my post might give the impression that I'm getting the roughout trucker.
No, I'm getting the black cow.
Roughout will probably follow if the black one convinces me.

Last edited:
My black trucker has probably already been produced. I can't wait to see when I get it.

View attachment 590737 View attachment 590738

Edit:
I've just realised that my post might give the impression that I'm getting the roughout trucker.
No, I'm getting the black cow.
Roughout will probably follow if the black one convinces me.
Please share fit pics and your thoughts! This looks promising!

58panheadfan

One Too Many
My new trucker jacket. Now it just needs to be dispatched and delivered :)
Although I'm not a fan of trucker jackets, this jacket looks promising, especially the back. If the cheap-looking label and buttons get an upgrade, this jacket certainly has potential. I'm looking forward to @MrProper feedback when he hold the jacket in his hands.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Although I'm not a fan of trucker jackets, this jacket looks promising, especially the back. If the cheap-looking label and buttons get an upgrade, this jacket certainly has potential. I'm looking forward to @MrProper feedback when he hold the jacket in his hands.
You've hit both my points exactly, which I don't find ideal (at least from the photos).
Fortunately, the buttons are easy to replace if I don't quite like them. And I can't see the label when the jacket is worn. I'm more worried that the leather piece will be too bulky.

But I want to see it in real life before I make a final judgement.

58panheadfan

One Too Many
You've hit both my points exactly, which I don't find ideal (at least from the photos).
Fortunately, the buttons are easy to replace if I don't quite like them. And I can't see the label when the jacket is worn. I'm more worried that the leather piece will be too bulky.

But I want to see it in real life before I make a final judgement.
The label can removed of course and as you pointed out yet, the buttons too and ex-changed.

Leilah Wilde

New in Town
I was about to post an update but @MrProper has beaten me to it!

I’ve been working on designing a D-Pocket for the last few weeks. I listened to those of you who preferred shoulder gussets and so I added an action back. The hide is the same that I used for the trucker. It’s around 1.7-1.9mm naked cowhide and it’s truly beautiful. Continued with the contrast tobacco coloured stitching and added a khaki green cotton lining. It was a toss up between cotton/satin for the lining. Left the satin for the women’s jackets and put cotton in the men’s. It looks better - I much prefer it. I didn’t want epaulettes… I don’t really like them so I left them out.

Really happy with how this one has turned out. Now I just need a bloke to model it for me.

Anyhow, hope you all dig it.
L x

Attachments

• B367615D-42CF-4C70-92BD-4655F7100D14.jpeg
    B367615D-42CF-4C70-92BD-4655F7100D14.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0009.jpeg
    IMG_0009.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 64

Leilah Wilde

New in Town
That’d be fantastic. I’d love for you to come and check them out. I’m based in East London, not too far from Stratford. Drop me a line to let me know when you’ll be in the area!

@Leilah Wilde
Now that's something I would seriously consider. Some photos of the back? Also where are you situated? I'm visiting London soon, would be very interesting to see some of your jackets in person.

Attachments

• IMG_0034.jpeg
    IMG_0034.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0035.jpeg
    IMG_0035.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 54

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner